Mouse Nipples

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mouse Nipples Empty Mouse Nipples

Post by maygins on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 11:02 am

So, I am 99.99 percent sure my mice are female now! Just this last post and it will be decided. Is it possible a male mouse would have tufts on his belly that made it LOOK like it had nipples? Yes, I am being crazy and paranoid but I have to make absolute sure. Has anyone come across a mouse they thought had nipples that really didn't...?

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius No Mood

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjrkVYG7q94N_NHZv02zAvw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Mouse Nipples Empty Re: Mouse Nipples

Post by CanadianExport on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 11:35 am

All of my girls either have very definite nipple or do not look like they have them and I had to sex them based on their genitals. So I have no idea about the possibility of a male looking like he may have nipples. Good luck! I totally understand the paranoia. You take pictures of them in clear tupperware and post the pictures of their undersides so we can sex them.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:33 pm

I don't know about the tufts, once I know whether a mouse is male or female I don't look at its belly anymore. lol

If you can look for nipples though... the easiest way for me to sex is to compare the anogenital distance to another mouse. Pick a mouse that you know is female, and compare the distance between her anus and her genitals to the distance on the mouse in question. This picture shows the difference well. First is female, second is male.
Mouse Nipples Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxXyCYKwlY2qp3uDxtv99t5l0d_9LsMMCjRoarbdDseati5ZYE
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 1:05 pm

That is a fantastic picture Abeona! That is what I started doing once I realized I had a mouse who I couldn't see nipples on.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 3:59 pm

Yeah, that is a great picture!!!!!

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by maygins on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 5:43 pm

Thanks, my mice are a little younger than those in the picture but they definitely are not THAT far apart. I guess it's safe to say they are all female Smile Now to find out why they are mounting eachother...

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 5:52 pm

Girls usually mount each other to show dominance. Sometimes it's part of working out their hierarchy, other times you can probably just chalk it up to hormones. lol They might knock it off once they're in an appropriate sized tank/cage.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 5:56 pm

Yep, like I posted in your other thread (I think that was you?), it's a dominance thing. It can get pretty intense sometimes but as long as it doesn't escalate into actual fighting with blood drawn, it's totally normal and nothing to worry about.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 6:25 pm

My two youngest used to mount each other all the time. Sometimes the one being humped would just be like "whatever" and let the other do it and other times they would get annoyed, squeak, and run away. It has calmed down now that they all seem to have settled into their group hierarchy.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by maygins on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 1:41 pm

Okay! I'm currently fighting with my parents, they are absolutely not letting me get a new cage saying a glass tank would be "ugly." I'm in a rage, trying to save up enough money to buy on myself.

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 1:49 pm

I would suggest you google some glass tank set ups and show them what they can look like. That they can look very nice if set up properly. You can use pics from here or look on hamster forums and just overall on google. Good luck!
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 2:33 pm

Wow, is that really the reason they're saying no to a tank?? Looks? Personally I think tanks look nice but really what it should come down to is what's best for the mice anyway.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 5:20 pm

I agree, what's best for the mice is what matters. But I happen to think tanks look a lot NICER than cages!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Sat 29 Oct 2016, 10:30 am

You could also also show them bin cages, if all else fails. A tank shouldn't be too much money, especially on Craigslist or some other site like it.

River
River

Pisces Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sat 29 Oct 2016, 12:20 pm

I have never heard of anyone saying that tanks are ugly! That's a new one for me. We are mostly all in agreement that tanks are not only the safest option but also the most visually appealing option for housing nice.

Also, my local Petco has their dollar pet gallon sale through 11/05. You would need to check your local store to see if it is going on there, too. You could get a 20g tank for $20, plus a screen lid would run you about $15-20.

I'll post some pictures of my tanks for you when I get on the computer.

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next