Mouse Nipples

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mouse Nipples - Page 2 Empty Re: Mouse Nipples

Post by maygins on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 12:37 pm

Poor little bubby has recently become frantic, I don't know if it's from the lack of space In the cage or something else. She constantly runs in circles around the cage, barely sleeps anymore, started using the wheel (she never used to) and uses it VERY often. She is so eager to get out all the time, she sometimes even tries to ram her face up against the sides and I think it hurts her. The rest of my mice are not comfortable with her dashing around like this, and I want her to be comfortable again. I told my mother about Bubby and she went off again with her "I'm the mouse expert" rant. She says the mouse is only hyper but I can tell it's not. I've reasoned with them but they absolutely declined. I told them how nice a well kept glass tank would be but they think that it would look so ugly in my room, but I know it wouldn't! It's not like I get visitors....
I told them that the smell was due to the small living quarters and they looked at me like I had a unicorn horn. They told me that I was crazy and that the smell was because they were mice. I tried informing them about female mice that didn't smell at all- And they once again dissed it and shooed me away. They are such ignorant people sometimes. My birthday and Christmas are coming up though, and there may be good news!
My aunt is especially keen of animals and she came over and saw that my mice were living in such a small cage. She wasn't very happy either and I might be able to look forward to HER buying me a tank. I just hope she does. I really want my mom and dad to STOP complaining about the smell when I have clearly told them WHY it smells.

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius No Mood

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjrkVYG7q94N_NHZv02zAvw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 1:54 pm

Andorrici wrote:Poor little bubby has recently become frantic, I don't know if it's from the lack of space In the cage or something else. She constantly runs in circles around the cage, barely sleeps anymore, started using the wheel (she never used to) and uses it VERY often. She is so eager to get out all the time, she sometimes even tries to ram her face up against the sides and I think it hurts her. The rest of my mice are not comfortable with her dashing around like this, and I want her to be comfortable again. I told my mother about Bubby and she went off again with her "I'm the mouse expert" rant. She says the mouse is only hyper but I can tell it's not. I've reasoned with them but they absolutely declined. I told them how nice a well kept glass tank would be but they think that it would look so ugly in my room, but I know it wouldn't! It's not like I get visitors....
I told them that the smell was due to the small living quarters and they looked at me like I had a unicorn horn. They told me that I was crazy and that the smell was because they were mice. I tried informing them about female mice that didn't smell at all- And they once again dissed it and shooed me away. They are such ignorant people sometimes. My birthday and Christmas are coming up though, and there may be good news!
My aunt is especially keen of animals and she came over and saw that my mice were living in such  a small cage. She wasn't very happy either and I might be able to look forward to HER buying me a tank. I just hope she does. I really want my mom and dad to STOP complaining about the smell when I have clearly told them WHY it smells.

This is gonna be hard for me to properly convey my anger without using any profanity. But here goes.

This nonsense makes me livid. They let you get the mice, they made a commitment just as much as you did. It is not acceptable in the slightest to allow you to have these animals but to not allow you to properly care for them. It is not fair to the mice who now have to suffer because of it, and it is not fair to you who now has to watch your mice suffer because of it. Any idiot can go online and verify that what you're telling them is correct and that your mice need much more space than what they currently have, yet your parents arrogantly assume to know better than you.

Don't stop pestering them. Tell them that until they get you a larger cage, they don't get to complain about the smell. You're already doing your part to take care of these animals, it's time for them to do theirs.

The level of hypocrisy being displayed here both astounds and disgusts me.

Last edited by AnonONIagent on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by maygins on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 3:06 pm

Well said. I just don't know what to do, and I don't know how to make them see my pets are unhappy. I even pulled up the cage calculator to show them the approx. size, and they told me that they were "just mice."

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 5:31 pm

Andorrici wrote:Well said. I just don't know what to do, and I don't know how to make them see my pets are unhappy. I even pulled up the cage calculator to show them the approx. size, and they told me that they were "just mice."
"Just mice". Damn, does that phrase make me mad. They're living creatures. Their quality of life and happiness matters. You care about them, and you're being forced to watch them suffer. How is that fair to you?

I strongly suggest you have them read through this thread.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 7:36 pm

Keep bugging your parents to get you a tank or take up work to try and raise money for one yourself. It'll cost you as little as $15 during a dollar per gallon sale. Get into babysitting, mow the lawn, or something.

But the thing is, you need to start considering... If your parents won't even allow you to have a slightly larger cage for your mice, what are you going to do when they need to see a vet? Can you pay for it yourself? Do you have a way of convincing your parents to take you to a vet office or to get there yourself? Because if you can't provide vet care or proper housing for these animals, I really hate to say this, but you may want to consider rehoming some or all of them. For the sake of the animals who may suffer if they don't get into a home that can provide for them.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 8:59 pm

@CinnamonPearl wrote:Keep bugging your parents to get you a tank or take up work to try and raise money for one yourself. It'll cost you as little as $15 during a dollar per gallon sale. Get into babysitting, mow the lawn, or something.

But the thing is, you need to start considering... If your parents won't even allow you to have a slightly larger cage for your mice, what are you going to do when they need to see a vet? Can you pay for it yourself? Do you have a way of convincing your parents to take you to a vet office or to get there yourself? Because if you can't provide vet care or proper housing for these animals, I really hate to say this, but you may want to consider rehoming some or all of them. For the sake of the animals who may suffer if they don't get into a home that can provide for them.
I have to agree. If you can't properly take care of them, even if it's not your fault, then the best thing to do would be to give them to someone who can properly care for them. If you truly love them, then you'll know that keeping them in a situation like this is wrong.

Either convince your parents to let you care for them properly, or give them to someone who you know will.

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by maygins on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:29 am

I can no longer bug my parents because they have become very unhappy with the pestering, figures. But, my aunt Gigi is mad at my parents for this and she is planning on buying me  larger cage. For now, I will keep them as comfortable as I can, until she purchases the cage. I've been taking them out and putting them in a large play pen so they have space to play for about 2 hours every other day. I will be keeping them because I believe my aunt is concerned about their health to, and it won't be long before they get to play in a larger cage!

Cinnamonpearl:

I've just discussed this vet thing with them and they told me that THEY WOULD NOT bring MICE to the vet, stating that, "They are too small to be helped If they get sick honey, I promise." She "enlightened" me by saying that she would just have to bury it...? What the actual ****
I am very very angry that my own parents wouldn't help my animals but instead KILL them to save themselves money.

EDIT: I might be getting carried away, my parents won't kill my pets but they will not take them to the vet, unless they are cats or dogs. Just like my pet squirrel Sad They wouldn't drive me to a wildlife help center so the poor thing ended up dying. We had hours to get there, yet my parents were finishing up dinner so they "didn't have time to take me"

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:55 am

Andorrici wrote:I can no longer bug my parents because they have become very unhappy with the pestering, figures. But, my aunt Gigi is mad at my parents for this and she is planning on buying me  larger cage. For now, I will keep them as comfortable as I can, until she purchases the cage. I've been taking them out and putting them in a large play pen so they have space to play for about 2 hours every other day. I will be keeping them because I believe my aunt is concerned about their health to, and it won't be long before they get to play in a larger cage!

Cinnamonpearl:

I've just discussed this vet thing with them and they told me that THEY WOULD NOT bring MICE to the vet, stating that, "They are too small to be helped If they get sick honey, I promise." She "enlightened" me by saying that she would just have to bury it...? What the actual ****
I am very very angry that my own parents wouldn't help my animals but instead KILL them to save themselves money.

EDIT: I might be getting carried away, my parents won't kill my pets but they will not take them to the vet, unless they are cats or dogs. Just like my pet squirrel Sad They wouldn't drive me to a wildlife help center so the poor thing ended up dying. We had hours to get there, yet my parents were finishing up dinner so they "didn't have time to take me"
"They are too small to be helped" Except that's blatant BS considering that many of us, including myself, have taken our mice to the vet and had them helped. Granted, you do need to call around to find a vet that will see pocket pets like mice, but they usually aren't that hard to find.

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by maygins on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 10:02 am

Yeah, I know mice can be helped by a vet. I have 2 vets that take mice that are a minute away, yet....

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by maygins on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 10:03 am

They just don't understand, and they are clueless in the mouse field

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 10:55 am

*deep breath* And this is really a lot of the reason why I don't have mice. Somehow, you'll have to convince them when (not if) the time comes... or something. It's a hard thing, I know...
If the vet is only like a minute away, is there any chance you could save all your money up in case of emergency and just walk there? It might really show your parents how committed you are with your pets, and how you're not going to let them tell you how to take care of them. I would try to save up at least $100 just in case. Of course, that might not be enough of the mouse needs continued care, but maybe by then your parents will see that mice CAN be helped, and that you're super committed and will find a way without them if need be. Also, you've always got the backup of your Aunt Gigi, so you could possibly ask her to help you out in such a situation. Where did your parents can supposedly get all this mice info from, anyway?

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 11:15 am

Then your only choices are to either save up the money yourself and organize ways to get them to the vet if need be or give them to someone who can. Keeping these animals and denying them vet care would be far crueler to than rehoming them to someone who can care for them properly. I hate to say it, and I know how hard it is, but if you cannot figure out a way to help them, then save them by letting them go and keep these animals again when you can care for them yourself.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by maygins on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 11:36 am

@Artistwolf wrote:*deep breath* And this is really a lot of the reason why I don't have mice. Somehow, you'll have to convince them when (not if) the time comes... or something. It's a hard thing, I know...
If the vet is only like a minute away, is there any chance you could save all your money up in case of emergency and just walk there? It might really show your parents how committed you are with your pets, and how you're not going to let them tell you how to take care of them. I would try to save up at least $100 just in case. Of course, that might not be enough of the mouse needs continued care, but maybe by then your parents will see that mice CAN be helped, and that you're super committed and will find a way without them if need be. Also, you've always got the backup of your Aunt Gigi, so you could possibly ask her to help you out in such a situation. Where did your parents can supposedly get all this mice info from, anyway?

Okay so, yes. For my birthday I usually get fifty dollars and same for Christmas. My parents definitely know how committed I am to my pets, but they don't really care. I could try and walk there if the time comes when mice care is necessary. They just think they know about mice from "common knowledge."

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 11:38 am

Keep that money saved, then, and try and find work where you can. You may get lucky and only need the occasional checkup, but if your mouse has a legitimate health problem and your vet charges for rechecks, you're going to need a lot more. Rack up those savings, keep a fund, and get it as high as you can. You never know what can happen.

Edited to add: Also, if you end up needing to rehome them, maybe you could talk to your aunt about moving them to her house. If she's willing to take them and provide them with proper care, it's something to consider.

Last edited by CinnamonPearl on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by maygins on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 11:39 am

@CinnamonPearl wrote:Then your only choices are to either save up the money yourself and organize ways to get them to the vet if need be or give them to someone who can. Keeping these animals and denying them vet care would be far crueler to than rehoming them to someone who can care for them properly. I hate to say it, and I know how hard it is, but if you cannot figure out a way to help them, then save them by letting them go and keep these animals again when you can care for them yourself.

I am actually taking this into consideration, though I really want to make this work because these pets mean so much to me :'( Hopefully, very soon I will be getting a cage and I know my aunt will have my back in all of this. I will take utmost consideration.

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2