Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Cage Calculator
Find out how many mice will fit in your cage or tank.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Lilith's Fur

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lilith's Fur

Post by CinnamonPearl on Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:16 pm

So I switched my girls from Kaytee over to shredded newspaper to help Lilith with her allergies, but it's been a couple of weeks since the switch, and Lilith doesn't look any better. Her fur on the belly and on her legs is just as thin as it was before, and her fur also looks a little greasy. She's lost a tiny bit of weight, about 5g. I wouldn't normally be worried about a small change such as that, as my girls will sometimes bounce around a touch, but it seems like a weird coincidence. Should I keep waiting until four weeks are up and then make a decision, or should I make a doctor's appointment?

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Fur

Post by CinnamonPearl on Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:10 am

Anyone? Sorry for the shameless bump, but I'd just like to get some advice before I set up Mabel's vet appointment, as I'd prefer to bring them both at the same time.

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lilith's Fur

Post by scaredymouse on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:43 am

If you don't see any improvement after two weeks, it's not likely to change. It takes four weeks for hair to grow back completely, so you would have seen some hair growth by now.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum