Flynny Flynn Flynn!

Reply to topic

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Flynny Flynn Flynn! Empty Flynny Flynn Flynn!

Post by Unicorn on Thu 22 Dec 2016, 2:01 pm

Figured I should make Flynn his own pictures post for all the spamming of various photos and videos I'm sure I'll do.

Here is the best photo of him to date, looking heart-meltingly adorable in his sock. It's cold!

Flynny Flynn Flynn! 30770492503_5d8047180e_z

Having washies

Flynny Flynn Flynn! 31692889551_98322d9425

And here is his Mouse Wonderland in the tub!

Flynny Flynn Flynn! 31772111976_6f03b7b9e5_z
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Flynny Flynn Flynn! Empty Re: Flynny Flynn Flynn!

Post by stephlisa on Thu 22 Dec 2016, 2:24 pm

So cute! Smile

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Thu 22 Dec 2016, 2:57 pm

Absolutely love that sock pic Heart Eyes !

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Thu 22 Dec 2016, 5:05 pm

He's just the cutest. And so tiny?? lol I love the first picture, it's so sweet. Smile

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 12:04 pm

Last night we explored Blanketland on the bed. My lil' Flynn is all growned up!

Flynny Flynn Flynn! 31122970004_3c93296ea6_z

Interestingly his adult coat is all creamy in color, the darker gradients have disappeared and even the spot on his forehead is now muted because the hair around it isn't so dark. You can still see it but you really have to look.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 4:58 pm

He's so adorable. Love It's amazing how coat colors can change. A few months ago I bought a yellow mouse who turned a grayish brindle color, went back to yellow, and is now getting some darker colors back again. Wacko

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 5:40 pm

I had to do some shopping today and there was a section in the garden department that had some of those resin "fairy garden" accessories. I couldn't resist buying a little wishing well for Flynn's cage (I get toys for my rodent pets from reptile things, garden things, doll furniture- pretty much anything the right size/scale so long as it's made of safe materials and can be cleaned).

Flynny Flynn Flynn! 31820711262_11ae918fa6_z

I hope he wished for a little piece of rice pasta because that's what I put in there haha! So far he's still completely suspicious of this new thing but I imagine that will change once he figures out it dispenses goodies. XD
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 6:03 pm

@Peachy I bet that's a super cute mouse though! <3 Gray brindle sounds really pretty.

And yes, he was super, super tiny when I first got him, like I was terrified he wasn't weaned all the way he was so small (luckily he ate just fine). Now that he is grown he still seems pretty small to me- I mean mice are all small, obviously, and he doesn't necessarily seem undersized, just kind of on the smaller end of average if that makes sense. He is so desperately cute.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 7:14 pm

Cute!! I love the wishing well. I must not shop with mice in mind because I rarely seem to find good mouse accessories. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 11:05 pm

Sometimes you have to have a general idea in mind and then hunt around in odd places for them- for example, around the holidays I went to the dollar store to find some kind of small glass dish for Hodag to use as a sandbox. They had a cute star-shaped dish that was a great size, and deep too. Perfect! Just had to be open to what was around once I had the general idea of what I wanted.

In the pet store, I always always look at the fish and reptile stuff, sometimes there are really interesting things, more so than what's in the rodent section.

Children's toys can work great sometimes too, it just depends how they're made and what they're made of. Ditto things for gardens because they're often made of resin to last outside which means they're not very desirable for nibbling to most critters and easy to clean. Little plant pots, decorative bits that you can place in a pot, and of course the fairy garden things are all perfect.

Housewares section will yield pottery and glass things- decorative knicknacks, little dishes or bowls or even cups that can be used as sandboxes or hidey houses, etc. Party stores are good for odd little plastic things.

But I'm used to looking for things of a certain scale to repurpose because I love miniatures and crafts. Hamsters and mice are amazing pets for anyone who loves miniatures, you can make a small world and watch them interact with it! It's so magical, it's like having a fairy for a friend or something.

It's pretty much just training your eye to recognize pet-scale size, and taking advantage of things like holidays (stores take advantage of the opportunity to capitalize on people wanting to decorate or throw parties with oodles of themed tchotchkes) and weird little out of the way cheap-random-things stores- thrift shops, dollar stores, party stores, etc.

I even bought a little recycling bin from the miniatures museum for Hodag... souvenirs one's pets can play with are the best memories! heehee!
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn on Sun 01 Jan 2017, 4:39 pm

So Flynn actually held still in one pose for like, a second, and I was able to get a great snap on the phone. Which I then texted to a friend with the following message and this conversation happened:

Flynny Flynn Flynn! 31226327753_0ffe645f46_z

Me: Hello. Have you accepted cheesus as your personal savior and snack? Do you have cheese right now? May I come in?

Friend: This sounds like something a dairy vampire would say.

Me: He's a mouse with a message, and the message is that he wants treats.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn on Sun 01 Jan 2017, 9:36 pm

Mouse Wonderland in the tub tonight, and here he is enjoying a nibble of his favorite treat, oatmeal:

Flynny Flynn Flynn! 31666461280_72b86c910e_c
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn on Sun 01 Jan 2017, 10:31 pm

After Mouse Wonderland I got in the tub with him for a bit so we could have a little taming session. This is what happened:

Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun 01 Jan 2017, 11:02 pm

Haha! My Yoshi loves to run up my pants. I usually have to let him out at the waistband because I can't sit still for him to crawl back down. Laughing

Flynn is the cutest!!!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn on Wed 04 Jan 2017, 9:21 pm

Bit of a cheat because no image today, but I was excited and wanted to tell you guys somewhere: Flynn let me pet him for the first time today! I took him out and he cuddled himself into my hand and I was able to stroke and scritch him a bit with my forefinger. He seemed to like it! He cuddled into my hand again and washed his face. It was so cute!
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum