Update on Seren

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Update on Seren Empty Update on Seren

Post by CallaLily on Tue 03 May 2016, 1:29 pm

I thought a few of you may have been wondering how Seren was doing, since it's been a month since I first posted over on the old forum about the lump in her throat. I was so afraid things would progress as fast as Twix's tumor did but thankfully, she's doing great!  It's still there of course but it hasn't grown at all (at least not enough to be seen by my eye) and she's still bopping around pretty normally. She's mellowed a lot. I don't know if that's a sign that she's feeling bad or if she's just finally settled into life with the other girls.

Here's a cute pic I snagged last week of her enjoying the ceramic frog. She's my first mouse to actually hang out and nap inside it. Others just pop in and right back out, only staying for a bit if I had stashed a treat in there.

Update on Seren IMG_20160429_105739-480x544

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Update on Seren Empty Re: Update on Seren

Post by scaredymouse on Tue 03 May 2016, 1:36 pm

Yay! I'm glad she's stable and feeling more comfortable in her new home.

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Tue 03 May 2016, 2:03 pm

I love the frog, it's great Very Happy that's good to hear that her lump isn't growing (or at least visibly so). It's so shocking how fast tumours can grow on mice sometimes Sad

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Tue 03 May 2016, 2:44 pm

Thanks, guys.

It is shocking.  Sad  Twix's tumor grew so fast and caused her obvious pain so soon. I worried Seren's would be the same way, so I'm relieved that a month has passed and she's still here, still happy. I hope she can continue on happily for many many more months to come.  She's around 6 months old now. Twix was a little over a year old when her tumor popped up and in just a little over a month after that she was gone. Sad

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Tue 03 May 2016, 3:28 pm

That's such a cute picture. I hope Seren keeps doing well!! Cheer
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 12:17 pm

Seren is still continuing on pretty normally. She's not as spunky as she used to be but she's still doing normal mousey things. Her lump has grown a little I think. It's hard to get a picture so please excuse the quality of this screen shot.
Update on Seren Screen11

She's also had some on and off eye issues that I've so far just been watching closely. Her one eye at times is a little squinty and watery. Every time I've thought "if that doesn't improve in a day or two it's off to the vet," it starts to clear up.  But it is on and off so maybe I should take her in....   I just don't want to stress her needlessly. Thoughts?

Here it is a few days ago:
Update on Seren 20160610

And today:
Update on Seren Img_2010

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 12:45 pm

I don't think there is any point in taking her to the vet for that eye. if it was infected, it would be constant. so its most likely common irritation from sleeping on dirty bedding, nothing a vet could do for that. I would just let her be and flush with saline when it flares up. I'm so sick of mouse eyes! Furgie's eyes are like that. Sometimes i'll flush with saline but she hates it so much, most of the time I just let it be.

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm

Thank you, Scaredy. I'll just be sure to spot clean better in between the weekly full cleans. I hear you on the mouse eyes! Such a common problem with these guys.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 5:17 pm

Her eye doesn't look gunky or crusty so I wouldn't worry too much. Is the bedding dusty at all? Could be a bit of dust irritating it? I've had mice with a squinty watery eye when they had a respiratory infection - not sure why that would be.

I'm glad she seems to be doing okay. She's been really lucky I think... compared to how horribly fast a lot of mouse tumours grow, hers doesn't seem to be too bad Smile how old is she now?

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 5:39 pm

She's coming up on around 8 months. I mostly have been using Kaytee Clean n Cozy lately and it's pretty good as far as dust goes. Sometimes I add newspaper....I'll have to see if there's a connection there.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 9:40 am

So her eyes have been looking good. But I noticed last night that she's slowing down more. She's obviously starting to feel the effects of this tumor and breathing seems to be a little harder for her. I'm guessing the tumor has reached a size where it's pushing against her airway too much. Worry

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 12:41 pm

Oh, poor girl. Is she on Metacam?
Glad her eye looks better. At least it's one thing out of the way.

River
River

Pisces Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 12:49 pm

No, but I'm thinking it may be coming time to talk to the vet about it.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 1:22 pm

I would recommend it, considering she's starting to feel the effects of it. It's up to you, though. What a beautiful baby she is!

River
River

Pisces Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 9:33 pm

Sorry Calla... I hate those tumors so much. A few days ago, I found a tumor on the front of Gilly's neck. Dammit. Sure, I know she's 27 months old... but it doesn't help. It almost makes it worse. It's the beginning of the end...

So, I feel your pain. Hugs.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next