Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Cage Calculator
Find out how many mice will fit in your cage or tank.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

there is a new sheriff in town.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

there is a new sheriff in town.

Post by scaredymouse on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:08 am

We had quite an exciting evening in the critter room last night. I introduced Freckles to the colony and it was very entertaining. I had to go get a snack, I was on the edge if my seat! My current colony consists of old Delilah who has had several strokes but is still hanging on, sweet Jellybean, and Bitsy my feisty butt-biter. Freckles is the friendliest little thing who is always in the hammock begging to come out. I expected a successful intro. Although, I love Freck so much, I kinda didn't want to share her ☹

Anyway, I plop everyone in the kiddie pool with some toys and pull up a seat. The sniffing begins except Frecky initiates it and the others sniff back but she doesn't back down. If fact, Freckles starts trying to hump everyone. Everyone was speaking up a storm, except Freck... She didn't make a peep! I guess we have a new alpha. It's funny because she's a baby and half the size of everyone else. She humped all of them! Repeatedly! After about 20 minutes, they were all running in the wheel together. I expect they will all be snuggled up by morning.

But what a show! I've never seen anything like it. I've never seen a new little mouse take over a colony like that.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: there is a new sheriff in town.

Post by CallaLily on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:31 am

Isn't it funny how it almost always is the mouse you least expect? Laughing At least that's how it seems to work for me. Laughing

Mouse12
CallaLily

Aquarius Dreaming

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:30 am

Sounds like a thorough take-over! The baby alpha! It sounds so sweet actually! It's a nice thing about keeping mice though - you can never be totally sure what to expect!

stephlisa
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius Worried
1st Place -- November 2016

View user profile http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:44 am

I found her and Bitsy (my brattiest mouse) snuggled up in the hammock this morning ❤

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:44 am

this picture cracks me up!

"these are my mice"

scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:44 am

Oh gosh, you just get the best sleepy pics ever! Adorable!

Mouse12
CallaLily

Aquarius Dreaming

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top