Are Electronic devices truly harmful to rodents?

Go down

Are Electronic devices truly harmful to rodents? Empty Are Electronic devices truly harmful to rodents?

Post by Colors on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 7:42 pm

Hey, I've been reading up more than usual about rodents lately, and several times this month I've come across people posting how being around computers, televisions, and any electronic device is harmful to rodents. (Something about it emitting ultrasonic waves of sound that hurt their ears?!) It isn't possible to move them to another room, and I prefer them in my room anyway. We don't have a basement or empty room that could become a 'pet room'. I've had my pets in my room ever since I got my first hamster, and they seem to live decently healthy lives. Thanks, I hope you guys can help me out on this... I'm worried for my two fur babies, and if I get gerbils near my birthday then I hope this isn't super harmful where it can shorten their lives. Tearful
Colors
Colors

Cancer Starving

https://weepingwillowf2016.wixsite.com/justgerbils

Back to top Go down

Are Electronic devices truly harmful to rodents? Empty Re: Are Electronic devices truly harmful to rodents?

Post by Peachy on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 8:25 pm

I've heard of this before, but I wonder if it's true only for the older types of TV's and computer monitors. I had an old computer monitor that used to make a horrible, high pitched but hardly audible beeeep, beeeep, beeeep until we unplugged it. It drove me bonkers! Curious to know if anyone else has looked into it. Razz

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Are Electronic devices truly harmful to rodents? Empty Re: Are Electronic devices truly harmful to rodents?

Post by Drago on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 9:46 pm

This has been looked into with dogs, but I'm not quite sure with mice or rodents in general. Essentially, the dogs can hear the static and beeps that we cannot hear and it can be irritating to get used to. However, since your mice were raised in captivity, they're used to this electronic ambiance. It's like the slight whir of a machine, it might aggravate you at first, but soon fades to background noise that's simply always there. This is true for dogs, mice though I'm not 100% sure, but I'd assume it's generally the same concept. So I wouldn't worry too much, they're used to it by now

Drago

Back to top Go down

Post by Colors on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 6:46 am

Thanks so much, I'm glad that it won't hurt them. Smile
Colors
Colors

Cancer Starving

https://weepingwillowf2016.wixsite.com/justgerbils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down