Heavy Breathing (Possible Respiratory Infection)?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Heavy Breathing (Possible Respiratory Infection)? - Page 2 Empty Re: Heavy Breathing (Possible Respiratory Infection)?

Post by peas on Mon 23 May 2016, 5:01 pm

What is the temperature of the room where the mouse is during the day and at night?

Making sure the mouse isn't too hot or cold now could help while you wait to go to the vet. Try and keep the temperature at an even 74 degrees, especially at night. Also make sure there is no breezes or wind of any kind getting at the mouse.

The sooner you get to the vet the better. And try and make sure the vet gives you enough antibiotics for awhile. If you are planning on raising the money, see if you can borrow it ahead of time. Maybe you could see if any of your neighbours need any chores done such as lawn mowing and stuff like that. If you can get a few dollars doing some chores, maybe your parents will be more likely to lend you the rest.

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Heavy Breathing (Possible Respiratory Infection)? - Page 2 Empty Re: Heavy Breathing (Possible Respiratory Infection)?

Post by boofandkara on Mon 23 May 2016, 5:03 pm

That's a good point made by Peas. I also recommend yard sales (tis the season), craigslist sales, lemonade stands, etc.

boofandkara
User Removed

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoSile on Mon 23 May 2016, 5:07 pm

Thank you for all your suggestions. I am currently selling stuff on craigslist. I have social anxiety and would struggle way to much interacting with people in real life.

I'll be sure to make the room around 74!
ChaoSile
ChaoSile
Jr Member
Jr Member

Scorpio Batty

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Mon 23 May 2016, 5:50 pm

@boofandkara wrote:When they told me that he probably has pneumonia, I cried, and they felt so bad for me they gave me half off the visit. I suggest you cry.

I gotta admit I got a kick out of this. Laughing

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by boofandkara on Mon 23 May 2016, 6:34 pm

@CinnamonPearl wrote:
@boofandkara wrote:When they told me that he probably has pneumonia, I cried, and they felt so bad for me they gave me half off the visit. I suggest you cry.

I gotta admit I got a kick out of this. Laughing
I did too!!

boofandkara
User Removed

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Mon 23 May 2016, 11:50 pm

Having pets means that you are responsible for their care which includes being able to take them to the vet when they are sick.  I'm glad to hear that you are taking steps to make that happen.  

About the fish tetracycline, I would not recommend that be used on mice for several reasons.  I have never seen a vet use tetracycline on a mouse.  Anything could happen from using something that is not prescribed... mice are so small, it is easy to overdose them which could be fatal.  I don't know if tetracycline is even safe for mice.  Just because they don't die when you give it to them does not mean that it is safe.  It could be causing organ damage, you just don't know.  That's the problem.  Vets select certain medications to treat specific bacteria and they dilute it so that the dose is high enough to be effective but low enough to be safe.  

Paper bedding is hypoallergenic bedding, so it is not likely to be responsible to any breathing problems.  Is it possible for you get a video of your mouse's labored breathing?  It would help me tell how bad it looks.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2