Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Cage Calculator
Find out how many mice will fit in your cage or tank.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Mouse Safe Plants/Herbs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mouse Safe Plants/Herbs

Post by IdaRose on Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:12 am

What are the best mouse-safe plants and herbs that I can put into my tank? Confused

I'm making a fairy garden in their tank for when they are all mixed, and wanted to add some natural feel into the tank. I just don't want to add anything that's going to harm them if they eat it! I've heard clover, dandelion and chickweed are good, and mixed opinions on basil, so think I'll avoid that.

Thanks in advance!

IdaRose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mouse Safe Plants/Herbs

Post by CallaLily on Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:27 am

Basil is safe in moderation.  Cilantro, parsley, dill, thyme, sage, fennel, watercress, calendula, rose petals, pansy flowers. And though they're on the avoid list here*, from everything I've read chamomile, mint, and petunia flowers are all safe. As with most things, moderation is key.

*because one experienced fancier said no to them on the old forum.  Mint is believed to be a mouse deterrent but I believe people are confusing fresh/dried mint leaves with the essential oil. Big difference.

Mouse12
CallaLily

Aquarius Dreaming

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top