Kidney Function Support for Dehydrating Mouse

Go down

Kidney Function Support for Dehydrating Mouse Empty Kidney Function Support for Dehydrating Mouse

Post by Nestmouse on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 7:28 pm

Hi!
I took my male 21 months old mouse to the vet because he never stayed asleep but instead got up very often to drink unusually large amounts of water and eat large amounts of food, and had started to fall either through lack of balance or weakness.
He hasn't been diagnosed with certainty but I've been told he has either cancer, beginning kidney failure, or diabetes.
There is an orally given pain relief available (I've forgotten the name) but before that, to help his kidneys, I was to treat him with medicated water, a 2 grammes sachet of BIO-LAPSIS mixed into 50 millilitres of water. The vet researched this and calculated the dose for mice.
That was supposed to be his temporary drinking water, but he doesn't drink it. I made some changes to his diet as I was adviced by the vet.
Does anybody know anything about BIO-LAPSIS for mice? Or - any other advice on the symptoms?

Last edited by Nestmouse on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Nestmouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Kidney Function Support for Dehydrating Mouse Empty Re: Kidney Function Support for Dehydrating Mouse

Post by CallaLily on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 8:41 am

This is all I could find with a quick search, as I've never heard of it:
Bio Lapis Sachet for Rabbits and Rodents is a critical care formulation for rabbits and small pets containing probiotics, prebiotics, electrolytes and vitamins.

Specifically formulated as a critical care formulation:

Electrolytes help to re-hydrate the animal and prevent against subsequent dehydration.

Includes beneficial microorganisms to rapidly populate the gastrointestinal tract

Prebiotics to enhance the growth of beneficial micro-organisms.

Use: One sachet per day for at least 5 days, or for as long as considered necessary by a veterinary surgeon.
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/rabbit-supplies-pet-rabbit-care-c-649_197/bio-lapis-sachet-for-rabbits-and-rodents-p-1175

I would ask the vet about mixing it up separately from his water bottle and maybe syringe feeding him some, or if he likes it offering it in a separate dish. I've always read that it's not a good idea to mix anything in their water bottles, as it risks turning them off drinking altogether.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Kidney Function Support for Dehydrating Mouse Empty Re: Kidney Function Support for Dehydrating Mouse

Post by Nestmouse on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:52 am

Thank you! I got some alternative medication for him earlier today but meanwhile he's been put to sleep. He was in pain, afraid of me touching him, and couldn't walk.

Nestmouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 12:22 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 12:33 pm

Aaw poor thing Sad I am sorry for your loss. At least he's no longer suffering and is at peace now. Sleep well little one.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down