Sneezy Satin Girlies?

Go down

Sneezy Satin Girlies? Empty Sneezy Satin Girlies?

Post by jay.mayhem on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 2:06 am

So,,,,
My sister has had her little grey satin girl since probably mid September. She was all fine at first, then maybe two weeks in she developed a little sneeze. We've checked for literally every sign there is of any real issues (runny nose, diarrhea, odd behavior, clicking, you name it) and she's got nothing. It's just the occasional sneeze fit and she's fine. One sneeze every few minutes, and back to normal. We're switching her bedding to see if that's the issue, but it'll be a few weeks before we know. Darcy doesn't sneeze at all, and Daisy's companion, a white-footed deer mouse, doesn't seem to be sneezing or otherwise at all. They're besties and there have been zero changes except for the darn sneezes!

I recently adopted three satin babies (Dec. 4) and two are female. The male hasn't had any issue, but it's been about two weeks since I adopted them and the girls are getting tiny sneezes. Same thing, no clicking, odd behavior, runny noses, etc. They're not as bad as when Daisy has a fit or anything, but just little sneezes here and there.

My only idea is that they're caused by stress. In listening to them when I'm not interacting with them, there are no sneezes, but whenever they've been skittering away from my hand when I clean/socialize, they start sneezing. I don't know about Daisy, but my girls only do it when they're stressed/excited. My sister has told me that it might be an excitement thing, but I don't know the specifics.

Note: those who seem to have it worst are grey. The white one sneezes a lot less, I think.

Any thoughts? Is this a petstore satin mouse thing? Is it just stress or excitement? Bedding?
Thanks a billion for reading all of this! Lemme know what you think Smile

Sneezy Satin Girlies? 20171212

Other pets: Kitties Juniper, Ozzie, and Rosie, Teddy Bear the poodle, Chinchillas Lily and Nina (a mother-daughter pair), Ferrets Hope and Azrael, and the fish-- Neon Tetras named after the Beatles and a Bristlenose Plecostomus named James. James is female.

Founder of Project Happy Paws-- phpaws.cf and foster mom to Strudel and Bagel!

Rest in peace, dear Scuttlebug and Shiloh. I love you both, now and forever. You'll always be my babies.
jay.mayhem
jay.mayhem

Scorpio Worried

https://laineyslingo.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Sneezy Satin Girlies? Empty Re: Sneezy Satin Girlies?

Post by CallaLily on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 9:28 am

There is a thing usually referred to as "box shock" or "new mouse sneezes." It's basically stress related and should clear up on its own. If not, look into a bedding change. If things still don't get better or if new symptoms turn up it would probably be best to consult a vet.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by jay.mayhem on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 10:30 am

@CallaLily wrote:There is a thing usually referred to as "box shock" or "new mouse sneezes." It's basically stress related and should clear up on its own. If not, look into a bedding change. If things still don't get better or if new symptoms turn up it would probably be best to consult a vet.

Thank you so much! I'm pretty sure that's what it is with my girls, I think it's bedding related with Daisy. We're switching to mainly fleece for a while to see if it clears up. Thank you so much!

Other pets: Kitties Juniper, Ozzie, and Rosie, Teddy Bear the poodle, Chinchillas Lily and Nina (a mother-daughter pair), Ferrets Hope and Azrael, and the fish-- Neon Tetras named after the Beatles and a Bristlenose Plecostomus named James. James is female.

Founder of Project Happy Paws-- phpaws.cf and foster mom to Strudel and Bagel!

Rest in peace, dear Scuttlebug and Shiloh. I love you both, now and forever. You'll always be my babies.
jay.mayhem
jay.mayhem

Scorpio Worried

https://laineyslingo.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down