Is this mouse a male?

Go down

Is this mouse a male? Empty Is this mouse a male?

Post by Hiirhiir on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 5:56 pm

Hello! You probably get a lot of sexing questions, but you know how it is as a newbie :p

I received a new mouse and it was from the feeder bin at the zoo. Generally they have given me properly sexed mice but this one is very tiny (a bit too young, I'm thinking 3-4 weeks) and I'm not sure they sexed it right. I asked for a female, but I'm suspicious he is a male. There are no visible teats and I cannot see a continuous line between the anus and urethra. Testicles are not very visible but it occasionally seems like he has a bulge. I added some pics. Thanks ahead!Is this mouse a male? 20180610

Is this mouse a male? 20180612

Hiirhiir

Back to top Go down

Is this mouse a male? Empty Re: Is this mouse a male?

Post by Hiirhiir on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 6:10 pm

In this picture from the side it does KIND of look like there might be a hole there, i.e a vaginal orifice... maybe just wishful thinking...?

Is this mouse a male? 20180613

Hiirhiir

Back to top Go down

Post by JuniperBerry55 on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 7:49 pm

Unfortunately, I think you are right. Looks male to me, the distance between the anus and urethra is very large, in a female this would be a lot closer together.

Is this mouse a male? Downlo10

JuniperBerry55

Taurus Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiirhiir on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 2:16 am

Thanks! Yes I agree, but at the same time, my other mouse who is definitely a female also has a pretty wide gap between the two parts, not like the doe on the picture, so that's the confusing part. However, my other mouse still has visible teats and a continuous anogenital line, but this little boy definitely doesn't.

Hiirhiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down