How much did euthanasia cost for you?

Go down

How much did euthanasia cost for you? Empty How much did euthanasia cost for you?

Post by River on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 1:46 pm

I hate to make another similar topic so soon after losing Garcia, but it's been an unlucky year and it's yet again something I have to consider.

Graham is now blind and deaf, and her legs aren't doing so great in her old age. She has troubles getting around and no matter how much I entice her, she hardly explores her cage. Her OCD hasn't disappeared this time around, and she struggles to balance enough to eat, even when she's fed without a bowl. Most of her time is spent curled up right beside her food pile, sleeping and scratching.

That's not much of a life to live. She's very, very old (oldest mouse I've ever had!), and it definitely shows. I love her dearly, but her time has come. She might need assistance and after doing research I decided I don't have the heart to euthanize her here at home.

I know it'll vary by location, and I'll pay anything to make sure she passes on peacefully, but just to be prepared: how much did it cost for you?

River
River

Pisces Festive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How much did euthanasia cost for you? Empty Re: How much did euthanasia cost for you?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 3:15 pm

So sorry to hear about Graham Sad

I got quotes from two different vets, one was asking $75 and the other $35. It varies greatly at least where I live.

How much did euthanasia cost for you? Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

How much did euthanasia cost for you? Empty Re: How much did euthanasia cost for you?

Post by Sam and their pets on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 7:19 pm

Aw, I hope all can be peaceful for her Heart

My local, non exotic vet costs me 60$ Canadian. It's hard to think about, but I've heard that some vets don't give such small animals such as mice a humane as possible passing. There's a reddit blog about it, it should pop up with a Google search. A vet even defended it, cruel as it is. It's worth asking your vet to explain the procedure so that you know for sure that it is painless

Walk  Mice: Gimble, Ramen, Possum, Max, Gadget, Tibsy, Cricket, Perry Tail Flip Hamster: Samsung Walk ASFs: Quil, Cyg, Merv, Scant, Corvus, Roo, Rocket, Beetle, Otter, Grus, Koala, Tamarack, Popple, Conifer, Rook Tail Flip Cockatiel: Holly Walk Hedgehog: Finnegan Tail Flip Gerbils: Kala, Everest, and Mak Walk
Sam and their pets
Sam and their pets
Jr Member
Jr Member

Batty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera on Sun 09 Sep 2018, 12:29 am

The vet asked $60 to euthanize Zola

Cool mouse mom to: Spider, Clue, Mahjong, Peebee, Nellie, Oakley, Frida, Frankie, Mary, Shelley, Thyme, Caramel, Olive, Popcorn, + Beetle
Love remembering: Trouble, Yahtzee, Checkers, Pumpkin, Jay, Sid, Zola, Hazelnut, + Dragon
chiroptera
chiroptera
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Batty

View user profile https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down