Female mouse cage

Go down

Female mouse cage

Post by Animallover562 on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 10:21 pm

Hey! I’ve owned mice for a little over a year now and currently have a trio of females and one male. I absolutely LOVE mice and would love to have more! My question is, if I were to keep a group of 6 female mice, what would the ideal cage size be? In the mouse community I’ve found that there are many different opinions on this but I always see bigger as better (in most cases, of course it’s risky sometimes with mice). Would a 50 gallon bin with 850 square inches of floor space work or is it too small? Any help is appreciated, thank you! Smile ❤️

Animallover562

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Female mouse cage

Post by CallaLily on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 1:48 pm

The Cage Calculator can help give you an idea on a starting point. Keep in mind it gives you the bare minimum space for the number of mice. The minimum space can come in handy when first introducing and/or taming mice but once they’re tame and bonded well, most mice really do appreciate more space.  So bigger can absolutely be better for most mice, but in the end it comes down to the individual mice in your group and how they react to it and each other. Don’t forget to pack that space with tons and tons of things to hide, climb, and play with at every turn. Smile

Gerbils: Oghren & Merin / Jeffrey, Geoffrey, & Jeffri /
Hamlet & Horatio / Emrys, Cream, & Hershey / 
Bill & Frances   Hearts  Hamster: Daydream
CallaLily
CallaLily

Aquarius Bookworm

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down