Small mouse cage

Go down

Small mouse cage

Post by Pet.crazy101 on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 1:16 pm

I got 2 new girls recently who's owners were moving and couldn't take them with they came in a small cage that I see at Wal-Mart (I also own 2 from past adoptions) the hamster fun home it's called, i tried to put them in a 10 gallon and they didn't like it they were breathing hard,squeaking,every sound or movement freaked them out, I put them back in the small cage (changed the wheel to something bigger) and they seem content and settled down.

I'm not sure what to do I know that cage is to small for mice but they seem to like it best

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamster-Fun-Home-Cage/47133384 < here is a link to the cage I will take measurements once i find my tape measure

Pet.crazy101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Small mouse cage

Post by Peachy on Sat 09 Feb 2019, 9:19 am

I had that cage for a solitary male. That cage is too small for mice, but it’ll do until you figure out what you’d like to do. A tank is perfectly safe and can be LOADS of fun... sounds like your mice were being drama queens. Laughing Wink

If you’d rather have them in a cage, Amazon has a couple that are a good size for $50-100 or you could buy a cage meant for a larger animal and cover it in mesh so no one can escape. Something like this.

This page discusses different types of housing, and has some great examples of different tank-style setups. There’s also some links to cages under the Wire Cages header.
http://www.petmousefanciers.com/t26-proper-housing

~Alex & Verity, Jolie & Laurel~
~Milo~
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pet.crazy101 on Sat 09 Feb 2019, 9:52 am

@Peachy wrote:I had that cage for a solitary male. That cage is too small for mice, but it’ll do until you figure out what you’d like to do. A tank is perfectly safe and can be LOADS of fun... sounds like your mice were being drama queens. Laughing Wink

If you’d rather have them in a cage, Amazon has a couple that are a good size for $50-100 or you could buy a cage meant for a larger animal and cover it in mesh so no one can escape. Something like this.

This page discusses different types of housing, and has some great examples of different tank-style setups. There’s also some links to cages under the Wire Cages header.
http://www.petmousefanciers.com/t26-proper-housing

yes they are quite the drama queens but i do think i found a "middle man", i found one of my old cage that i got 9 years ago with my first pair of gerbils it has the same floor space as a 10 gallon and has nicely spaced bars, i just had to fix a hole in the floor and bend some wires back into place, then i will set it and move them in hopefully they will like

Pet.crazy101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down