Possible Pregnancy

Go down

Possible Pregnancy Empty Possible Pregnancy

Post by Aizui on Thu 28 Feb 2019, 9:01 pm

I have a couple of questions about them and I hope you masters of mice can help me out. I recently adopted two mice from my local pet store. Alice is a small female brindle and her deemed sister Penelope is either a lethal or recessive yellow.

One of my first questions is how to tell the difference between a recessive or lethal yellow? I've only had Penelope as an adult so I have no idea what she looked like when she was younger.

My other question is how do you tell if either of them are pregnant? I do know that other mice in the batch were 100% pregnant, however, all were separated and shipped to the store. I am well aware that brindle and yellows both have tendencies for health issues such as obesity. Both of the females have gained a little belly and their first set of nipples are visible. It is hard to tell if the other two are visible since they are both semi-longhaired.
Aizui
Aizui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Possible Pregnancy Empty Re: Possible Pregnancy

Post by Peachy on Thu 28 Feb 2019, 11:13 pm

If you’re in the US and your mouse is from a pet shop, she’s more likely to be recessive yellow. Since her sister is brindle, she may even be a poorly marked brindle herself! I’ve had mice that started out looking brindle and changed to yellow, and mice that started out looking yellow, got brindle markings, and then turned yellow again. Brindles are fascinating!

The only to know for certain that your mouse is pregnant is to wait for babies. Count 23 days from the day they came home, and if no babies have shown up than it’s unlikely they will. Check out our stickied Breeding Packet for more info on pregnancy and babies.

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum