Bioactive Substrate - Is it safe for mice?

Go down

Bioactive Substrate - Is it safe for mice? Empty Bioactive Substrate - Is it safe for mice?

Post by lizardtails on Fri 22 Mar 2019, 11:50 pm

So. I'm an avid fan of a website called [url=thebiodude.com]thebiodude.com[/url].This guy basically sells substrate, wood pieces, plants, and other things for building a naturalistic self-cleaning enclosure for reptiles, amphibians, and invertebrates. I'm keenly interested in trying out a couple of his products for my mice, though.

Bioactive Substrate - Is it safe for mice? TerraFirma-package

https://www.thebiodude.com/collections/single-bioactive-substrates/products/terra-firma-6-qt-bag.

This is the primary product I'm interested in. According to the store-page description, it is a "handcrafted" substrate designed specifically for burrowing species of reptiles, and will hold the shapes of all burrows made in it. It's also designed to sustain isopods and springtails, which help break down the waste of the animals living in it.

My question is, this product is specifically designed to be safe and even healthy for reptiles--is there any reason why it should be good for mice as well? And I figure, if you had isopods and springtails in it, the mice are probably gonna catch and nibble some of them--would that be bad for them? What do you guys think?

lizardtails
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Bioactive Substrate - Is it safe for mice? Empty Re: Bioactive Substrate - Is it safe for mice?

Post by CallaLily on Tue 26 Mar 2019, 2:04 pm

Do you know what exactly is in it? I tried looking at the link but didn’t see anything listed.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down