Are all my mice girls?

Go down

Are all my mice girls? Empty Are all my mice girls?

Post by dukie1346 on Wed 27 Mar 2019, 8:10 pm

Hello! About a month ago, I bought 4 girls from Petco, but just last night, I noticed my pew, Sugar, looking kind of weird! She has gotten very wide very fast, which made me worried she was somehow pregnant, however she has only been housed with the other 3 girls for the past 40 days, so if she is pregnant, one of my girls can't be a girl. I did the best I could to get pictures of them to verify that they are indeed girls! It looks like they are, but I wanted to make sure!

Also,I would never normally hold their tails, this was the closest I could get to the base of their tails as I was quickly getting pictures!

Kona:
Are all my mice girls? Screen10

Mocha:
Are all my mice girls? Screen11

Are all my mice girls? Screen13

Java:
Are all my mice girls? Screen12

Are all my mice girls? Screen14

Here is a video of Sugar, and how she looks right now...

I'm really hoping she just gained too much weight and that she is okay...Thank you in advance!

dukie1346

Back to top Go down

Are all my mice girls? Empty Re: Are all my mice girls?

Post by Murmur on Fri 31 May 2019, 9:27 pm

Personally, I would say that Sugar is almost definately pregnant. She almost has the "swallowed-a-golf-ball" look that pregnant mice get. Are you absolutely certain she hasn't been housed with a male? Perhaps when she was in the pet store there was a mix-up? Those are quite common, it's happened to me before as well. You mentioned that you got all of these mice about a month ago, which is almost the length of a mouse's gestation. Since they can give birth anywhere between 19 and 24 days of pregnancy (28 if it's a consecutive litter) she may have encountered a male right before you got her. As for your other mice, they all look to be very female.

If you're personally certain that Sugar hasn't been near a male before you got her, then it's true that one of the others must be a male. Out of the three, I would assume that Mocha would be the male. This is not to say that I think Mocha is a male! It's just that out of the other mice, Mocha has the largest distance between the genitals and anus, which is typical of a male mouse. However, this may just be because of the angle of the picture. I'd advice you to take a casual visit to the vet or your local animal shelter to see if they can help you figure it out, as they have more experience in the field.

Murmur

Chatty

Back to top Go down