My mouse is changing colour

Go down

My mouse is changing colour Empty My mouse is changing colour

Post by TheMouseMan on Thu 11 Apr 2019, 10:52 am

Hello, I recently bought some mice from the pet shop that were apparently eight weeks old. I bought what I assumed to be a (poor) red, however it seems that she's changing colour? She is developing a black/blue undercoat and it's starting to become very apparent just by looking at her; her wrists and face (especially around the eyes) have dark patches on them. She's also developing a white patch on her stomach so I know she's broken/got a white spot gene. I've attached before and after photos - one where she looks orange and the other photos where you can see her coat has changed. Any ideas what variety she is and what exactly is happening to her?
My mouse is changing colour Red_la11
My mouse is changing colour Red_to10
My mouse is changing colour Red_to11

TheMouseMan

Back to top Go down

My mouse is changing colour Empty Re: My mouse is changing colour

Post by chiroptera on Fri 12 Apr 2019, 2:52 am

You've got a Brindle!! Smile

Watch out for weight gain, brindles tend to be genetically obese. It's not really much of a problem, just make sure she's able to eat and exercise normally.

@TheMouseMan

Cool mouse mom to: Clue, Peebee, Nellie, Oakley, Frida, Frankie, Mary, Shelley, Spider, Thyme, Caramel, Olive, + Beetle
Love remembering: Trouble, Yahtzee, Checkers, Mahjong, Pumpkin, Jay, Sid, Zola, Hazelnut, Popcorn, + Dragon
chiroptera
chiroptera
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down