I need some information on nursing wild baby mice

Go down

I need some information on nursing wild baby mice Empty I need some information on nursing wild baby mice

Post by Beatrice(Tris) on Mon 06 May 2019, 1:48 pm

I was cleaning out the tarp of my hutch ( I raise rabbits) There was this mouse that was hanging around my rabbits and I was going to go in and get the bb gun, to shoot it because I didn't want it getting my rabbits sick. But, I decided not to. ( I don't like killing animals) I pulled the tarp off and dumped all of the poop on the concrete pad and I started shoveling it and throwing it into the woods when I realized there were two squirmy things on the ground, I believe they are baby mice. I found two, but I looked around and couldn't find any more. But I am now feeding them raw goat's milk, they are still pink. I couldn't find anything that resembled a nest and I didn't want to leave them in the hutch. I have them in a shoe box with a heating pad on low on half of the box. I do plan on releasing them when they are weaned. My main thing is my parents don't know that I have them and they would kill me if they found out. But I need to know as much as I can about babies so I can give them the best possible care.

Beatrice(Tris)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I need some information on nursing wild baby mice Empty Re: I need some information on nursing wild baby mice

Post by CallaLily on Mon 06 May 2019, 5:25 pm

Here is a thread with a lot of info on caring for orphaned wild mice: Wild Mouse Care and Information. That should answer most of your questions. Smile

Gerbils: Oghren & Merin / Jeffrey, Geoffrey, & Jeffri /
Hamlet & Horatio / Emrys, Cream, & Hershey / 
Bill & Frances   Hearts  Hamster: Daydream
CallaLily
CallaLily

Aquarius Bookworm

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

I need some information on nursing wild baby mice Empty Re: I need some information on nursing wild baby mice

Post by Beatrice(Tris) on Wed 08 May 2019, 10:17 pm

Thank you for that. I also found two more on Monday, bringing my total up to 4 babies now. So, my main issue now is that I am having trouble getting them to use the bathroom, a few have done it on their own but I make sure that I am doing it right after getting their bellies full (I also diluted the milk down with water reading that the solid milk was too thick for them to drink and they are eating a lot more now), but they start squeaking and I think I might be hurting them, I do it very gently with a warm wet q-tip, are they just squeaking because it hurts or because I am touching them? I also need them to stay as quiet as possible so my parents don't find out. I almost got caught earlier when I was feeding them and my mom walked in, good thing I had just put a baby down and they blend in with my blanket. At approx. 3 days old they are about 1-1/2 inches long, is this a good size for them at this age, I'm not sure if they are growing.

Beatrice(Tris)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down