PLEASE HELP ASAP SOMEONE

Go down

PLEASE HELP ASAP SOMEONE Empty PLEASE HELP ASAP SOMEONE

Post by rodentmom on Fri 17 May 2019, 9:02 pm

My 5 month old mouse is acting lethargic, has one eye swollen closed, and has dried brown stuff coming out of her nose. She is also slow moving and overweight. I don't know if she's dying or if she's just sick and I'm freaking out. This is my first time experiencing this so i don't know what to do SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

rodentmom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP ASAP SOMEONE Empty Re: PLEASE HELP ASAP SOMEONE

Post by chiroptera on Sat 18 May 2019, 2:26 am

You should definitely take her to the vet, as she seems to be very ill.

If you can, try and clean the eye out (gently) with a q-tip and some room temperature water and see if it looks injured, you may want to clean her nose as well.

If she seems cold, try to get her warm.

Ultimately if she's this sick, though, there might not be anything you can do on your own - she should definitely see a vet.

Cool mouse mom to: Spider, Clue, Mahjong, Peebee, Thyme, Caramel, Olive, Popcorn, + Beetle
Love remembering: Trouble, Yahtzee, Checkers, Pumpkin, Jay, Sid, Zola, Hazelnut, + Dragon
chiroptera
chiroptera
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Batty

View user profile https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rodentmom on Sat 18 May 2019, 6:14 am

@chiroptera wrote:You should definitely take her to the vet, as she seems to be very ill.

If you can, try and clean the eye out (gently) with a q-tip and some room temperature water and see if it looks injured, you may want to clean her nose as well.

If she seems cold, try to get her warm.

Ultimately if she's this sick, though, there might not be anything you can do on your own - she should definitely see a vet.

Okay- it's now 7 in the morning and she made it through the night... I don't know that she slept though since she's still out. The vet doesn't open until 8 so I'm just going to leave her alone until then. Mainly bc they aren't really used to me and I don't want to increase stress. I'm really worried that she might not make it through. She seems to have gotten worse. I can see from her nose that she's breathing heavily.

rodentmom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down