Two pregnant mice! Do I keep them together?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Two pregnant mice! Do I keep them together? - Page 2 Empty Re: Two pregnant mice! Do I keep them together?

Post by Sparrow on Tue 11 Jun 2019, 3:43 am

Day 6 - I forgot to post those pictures yesterday. I took some of the peanut, was mostly just looking if anyone could tell of it indeed is a peanut or a runt. The poor little thing is not developing, there were a few more like him but they were culled by the mother and this is the only one left. The poor thing seems to be struggling all the time against the larger babies. Aside from that little fellow, everyone is growing up so quickly and so well! They are all examples of perfect health which makes me extremely happy. I'm really proud of Ginger for doing such a great job with them!

Two pregnant mice! Do I keep them together? - Page 2 Img_2016
Two pregnant mice! Do I keep them together? - Page 2 Img_2017
Sparrow
Sparrow

Chatty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Two pregnant mice! Do I keep them together? - Page 2 Empty Re: Two pregnant mice! Do I keep them together?

Post by CallaLily on Tue 11 Jun 2019, 2:28 pm

Aww poor little one. Sad I don’t have enough experience to say whether or not this one would be considered a runt or a peanut.

Maybe @Peachy or @ScaredyMouse or @AppleCheeks will have more advice.

Gerbils: Oghren & Merin / Jeffrey, Geoffrey, & Jeffri /
Hamlet & Horatio / Emrys, Cream, & Hershey / 
Bill & Frances   Hearts  Hamster: Daydream
CallaLily
CallaLily

Aquarius Bookworm

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow on Tue 11 Jun 2019, 2:42 pm

Thank you @CallaLily

I'm really concerned about him, I'm scared that one day when I go check up on the babies he just will be gone... I'm at a point where I know that pups individually and they are starting to develop personalities. I know it might sound silly, but I'm already growing attached to all the pups, including the Little One (I call him Little One and if he ends up not being a peanut and survives as a runt with extra care and attention, that will be his name).
Sparrow
Sparrow

Chatty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow on Wed 12 Jun 2019, 2:58 am

Babies at 7 days old, their faces aare forming so nicely, and the colours are just beautiful. The Little One is still weak but he seems to be slowly picking up. He still doesn't have fur and is not growing much but he now has the energy to move. I can't believe it's been a week already!

Two pregnant mice! Do I keep them together? - Page 2 Img-2018
Sparrow
Sparrow

Chatty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Wed 12 Jun 2019, 11:01 am

It doesn’t sound silly at all that you’re attached. You’re human and they are sweet adorable little babies. Heart

CallaLily
CallaLily

Aquarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Wed 12 Jun 2019, 3:35 pm

Sooo sweet. Oh I miss babies. In Love

Some other mouse communities don’t really consider “peanuts” an actual thing, and I’ve seen runts grow up to be amazing little faces. My HoneyBee was always much smaller than the rest of her litter, but she grew to be one of the oldest and the sweetest and the favoritest. Have you considered trying to supplement feedings? We’ve got instructions on one of our stickies. Have to leave for work soon so can’t track it down at the moment. Can check back in later.

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow on Mon 17 Jun 2019, 6:47 am

Sorry guys that I haven't been posting updates in a while. I'm going through a tough patch as I had to put Stella to sleep, one of my very first mice. Her tumor got way too big and she wasn't able to move anymore. The Little One also passed away. Despite providing him with supplemented feedings, he still wasn't strong enough to make it. Having two of my mice gone at the same time just broke my heart.

On the bright side, the pups opened up their eyes last night, some still had their eyes closed when I took the picture but by the morning all of them had their eyes open Smile The picture shows off their gorgeous colours very well

Two pregnant mice! Do I keep them together? - Page 2 Img-2019
Sparrow
Sparrow

Chatty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Mon 17 Jun 2019, 7:59 am

I’m so sorry to hear about Stella and Little One. Sad

The rest of the babies look very healthy and gorgeous. Love

CallaLily
CallaLily

Aquarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow on Mon 17 Jun 2019, 10:01 am

Thank you, they are so sociable, incredibly friendly little mice! They adore being handled Love
Sparrow
Sparrow

Chatty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2