What color do you think this couple is?

Go down

What color do you think this couple is? Empty What color do you think this couple is?

Post by Murmur on Thu 30 May 2019, 4:52 pm

I've planned a litter dubbed the "Mad Max" litter. I've got this female (Maddie) and this male (Max). Their fur color is very similar, but Maddie is a bit lighter than Max. Maddie also has some sparse pieces of longer fur that are clear or white in color. Max's fur color is much deeper and richer in color. He also has a lighter colored chest. So, I got to thinking that maybe they aren't the same color? I've attached two pictures of each of them individually, and one picture of them side by side. What do y'all think?

(Quick background info/ Not necessary info, just a note: I've only been breeding mice since February of this year, so I'm appreciative of all the help I can get. I'm struggling with identifying phenotypes/ fur colors of my mice. They don't come from reputable breeders, so I don't have much genetic info to work off of. I got them from a friend who bred them for her reptiles. Since she stopped breeding them herself, I decided to give it a go with her leftover stock because I love mice.)

Maddie Picture #1 (Her tail is not injured, I know it looks a bit off. We went to the vet and she got it stained because she looks identical to her sisters.)
What color do you think this couple is? 1zvg1h4

Maddie Picture #2
What color do you think this couple is? Idexow

Max Picture #1
What color do you think this couple is? W071j5

Max Picture #2 (He's not overweight, he's just hunched over a treat.)
What color do you think this couple is? Evdv9l

Max & Maddie Picture #1
What color do you think this couple is? Qycpwn

My best guess is:
Max is Mock Chocolate.
Maddie is Chocolate.

The only other info that I can offer is that Maddie may have a sister who was long-haired Recessive Yellow with white patches. Not sure if they're real sisters or just born at the same time in the same tank thought because that was before I got them all and started tracking who was related to who.

Any help would be appreciated!
Just give me your opinions, please, or best guess!

Murmur

Chatty

Back to top Go down