what to do! help

Go down

what to do! help Empty what to do! help

Post by tish982 on Mon 22 Jul 2019, 12:53 pm

I got 3 mice and didn't know 1 was pregnant she gave birth. My question is there is 2 other females in with her is that ok? How often should I check the nest to make sure all is ok and the babies are all still alive? And how soon after should I check? She gave birth yesterday.

tish982
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

what to do! help Empty Re: what to do! help

Post by tish982 on Mon 22 Jul 2019, 1:09 pm

I also gave her toilet paper to make a nest for the babies, but someone told me that's bad because it will stick to the babies skin. I'am nervous I did something wrong, I never had babies before and this just happened by accident, I guess I bought her pregnant, because the other 2 are definitely females.

tish982
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Tue 23 Jul 2019, 4:41 pm

I would remove the other two females just to be safe. Sometimes things can go very wrong when keeping other females in with mom and babies. Especially with mice from unknown lines. Toilet paper is perfectly safe.

If you haven’t seen this thread yet please check it out. http://www.petmousefanciers.com/t43-breeding-packet
There is a lot of great info on caring for mom and babies there. Smile

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum