are my babies okay?

Go down

are my babies okay? Empty are my babies okay?

Post by tish982 on Sat 27 Jul 2019, 11:43 pm

My babies are 7 days old but look tiny compared to the pictures I've seen of other mice that are 7 days old. Is something wrong?   are my babies okay? 20190711

tish982
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

are my babies okay? Empty Re: are my babies okay?

Post by Peachy on Sun 28 Jul 2019, 9:05 am

They look ok to me. Color is good. They’re not as plump as some of my babies have been but they don’t look too small for their age. If Mom is smaller or young or past recommended breeding age this can contribute.

Seven babies can take a toll, and many breeders with plump babies cull their litters to about four, so there’s less bellies to fill and they all get more. Then I’ve seen moms with litters of 10+ and they all came out ok. Once they start eating solids in about a week they should fill out a bit more.

Are you giving Mom anything extra in her diet? Scrambled eggs are great and my pregnant and nursing moms loved them until they weaned their babies.

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by tish982 on Sun 28 Jul 2019, 6:07 pm

There is 8 babies and I think momma is young, but she is small. I couldn't cull any of the babies, I just don't have that in me to take a life. I just hope they all make it, even though that will leave me with 10 mice because it doesn't look like anyone wants a baby when weaned. I've been feeding her eggs and a couple of meal worms which are a big hit with my girls.

tish982
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down