Young bloated mouse (with picture)

Go down

Young bloated mouse (with picture) Empty Young bloated mouse (with picture)

Post by Piethemouse on Sat 18 Jan 2020, 12:19 pm

Hi everyone, I have a new mousie boy named Abe who is very bloated, only about 2 months old. He has two brothers and they are both fine. Feeding supreme science selective rat with some vitakraft vitasmart parakeet. I tried various things to help him-- veggies high in fiber and water to try and make him poop, the karo syrup and water mixture, etc. Didn't help. Couldn't get him into my usual vet so had to use the emergency one nearby.

They prescribed him metronidazole and metoclopramide for the next 10 days but they couldn't figure out what exactly was wrong with him. They just said it could be from an intestinal infection, bacterial imbalance, or something he ate. They also said since he is pooping it didn't seem like there was a blockage.

Just wondering if anyone could give me more insight. It is only the next morning so he hasn't shown any real signs of improvement yet. He's still active, eating and drinking, pooping (clearly not enough), but seems very uncomfortable.

Here's a pic. Yes he is being housed with his brothers but that's not what I'm here to discuss right now. Thank you!

Young bloated mouse (with picture) Abethe10

Piethemouse

Back to top Go down