Update on Eglantine

Go down

Update on Eglantine Empty Update on Eglantine

Post by CinnamonPearl on Mon 22 Aug 2016, 1:15 pm

I thought I would just give an update on Egg and how she's doing. I wish I had better news, but right now, she's just not doing well at all. She's having a lot of trouble breathing. The vet put her on doxy and iron supplements to combat potential anemia. She's only had two doses so far, but as of now, no effect. We're testing to see if she still has the tapeworms and will go from there. I wish I could get her some new friends, but right now, I just don't feel comfortable bringing more mice into the situation. I'm giving her fresh foods daily too, now. She's not eating well (it took her a week to get through 20g of good, while it took Henry four days), and she's still losing weight. So I'm hoping she'll make a recovery, but at this point, it just doesn't look good.

I do have a question for you guys. The vet prescribed doxy, but I had to go to a pharmacy to get it. The pharmacist could only make up the medicine at half the concentration the vet prescribed. I think he did 5mg/mL while the vet wanted 10mg/mL. So he said to double the dose of the medicine. Is that right? Should I double the dose to compensate? Or should I just give it to her as the vet prescribed originally?

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Update on Eglantine Empty Re: Update on Eglantine

Post by EverythingAnimal on Mon 22 Aug 2016, 1:21 pm

Aww, to bad she's not feeling well. I know hardly anything about medicating and dosages, but if it were me I would just call up the vet and ask.

Beautiful name by the way, Eglantine. Smile

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Mon 22 Aug 2016, 4:45 pm

I'm sorry to hear she's not doing any better. I second calling the vet to double check on dosing.  All these meds are probably taking a toll on her system. I wouldn't want to risk getting the dosage wrong.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Mon 22 Aug 2016, 7:34 pm

She just passed away. I'm glad I could be there for her when she did.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Mon 22 Aug 2016, 7:44 pm

What in the world?! This must be such a tough month for you... I'm so sorry for another loss.

Henry seems to be okay, right? Worry
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Mon 22 Aug 2016, 8:08 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, Cinna. You fought hard for your girls, truly doing all you could to help them recover. They were really lucky to have you in their corner and I know they had a great life with you. hugs

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal on Mon 22 Aug 2016, 8:54 pm

Oh no, so sorry for your loss. It's been really unfortunate for you lately, but I know you'll get through it.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Mon 22 Aug 2016, 9:08 pm

I'm so sorry Cinna, you are a good mouse mommy and did all you could. I'm glad you were able to be there for her as she crossed the rainbow bridge. She is in heaven now with the rest of the girls in her colony. I bet her and Mabel are cuddling up together right now. Sending hugs your way.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Mon 22 Aug 2016, 9:15 pm

abeona wrote:Henry seems to be okay, right? Worry

Henry is fine, thank goodness. After the treatment, he bounced back up to his original weight (he only ever lost 2g) though and has been happy and healthy since. Thank goodness for Henry. I had such a terrifying incident yesterday. I was cleaning the tank and left him on the desk as usual. My sister left my room and left the door wide open, and Felix ran in. If Felix had spotted him, Henry would be gone too. My sister, of course, hasn't even apologized. I don't think she understands the gravity Henry's death would have had.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 9:02 am

Oh CinnamonPearl I'm so sorry Sad What a rough time this must be for you. I hope you're doing okay.

Rest in peace Eglantine.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 6:35 pm

So sorry to hear that sweet Egg has passed. I think we've all gone through stretches where we've lost several mice in a row and it never gets any easier. At least you know that you've done everything possible for your girls.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 9:50 pm

Grief is the price we pay for love. And because I know how much you loved those girls, my heart breaks for you knowing the ocean of grief that you must lost in right now. I'm glad to hear that Henry seems to be doing well. Little Egg and Mabel are up in heaven snuggling, I know it in my heart. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Losing so many in such a short time weighs so heavy on the heart. My deepest condolences.

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 9:58 pm

Oh no... First Mabel and now Eggy? They were always my favorites. I'm so sorry... At least you have Henry. And I guess, on the plus side, you don't have to worry about colonies anymore. But I'm not helping. I'm just so sorry for the loss of this beautiful little life Sad

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 6:40 pm

So sorry to hear about Egg Sad. After spending her last bit of time with you, she is now with the rest of her friends.

I'm glad you have sweet Henry to help you through everything.

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down