Cage Location

Go down

Cage Location  Empty Cage Location

Post by theo1231231 on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 11:03 am

Hello, Ive never had mice before, but have found 3 female mice 6 weeks old, and am thinking about picking them up in a few days.

They come with a cage thats 60x40 cm, which is perfect size for where I want to place them in my room.

What do you think about this positioning? its the only place I can put them really, because its out of direct sunlight and fits in this space which is suppose to be enough area for 3 mice.

My main concern is that is above my stero system, I don't play it loud but Im wondering if it would disturb their sleep during the day? If this is the case I will have to find another place for my speakers.

The other worry is that its quite high up, I dont want them to be scared..

Also the cage will have an overhang of about 20cm, I was thinking of securing it somehow.

What do you think about this?
Cage Location  20161011

Thanks,

Theo Sparks
theo1231231
theo1231231

Pisces Procrastinating

http://theosanimations.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Cage Location  Empty Re: Cage Location

Post by River on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 12:43 pm

It is quite high up, and it'd be difficult to ge them out from up there, especially if its secured. One of our members purchased a TV stand and placed it there, I don't know who though...
Mine are currently on a shoe rack being purposed into a shelf. This is fairly cheap and works well. If the cage is secure enough, you could find a place for it on the floor.

It could work fine, but it sounds sort of troublesome for cleaning /handling time.

River
River

Pisces Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 2:42 pm

Getting the mice in and out of the cage would be my main concern, unless it's easy to lift up and down or something... but they wouldn't be scared of how high they are and if the music is quiet they probably wouldn't mind it. My mice sleep through all sorts of background noises. Razz

Could you put them in another spot and put up paper or something as sort of "curtains"?

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Sun 16 Oct 2016, 2:56 pm

Having it up so high would make daily spot-cleaning, water and food changing and getting the mice out for taming difficult and the overhang is fairly substantial, posing a safety issue. Do you have a dresser or desk in your room that you could use as a stand? River's idea of repurposing a TV stand is a good one -- any type of small furniture item (coffee table, end table, footlocker, etc) would work well to keep the mice at a safe level as well as one that is readily convenient for you to do housekeeping and have easy access to the mice for taming, playtime, etc.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down