Dominance or Trouble?

Go down

Dominance or Trouble?

Post by Andorrici on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 8:49 am

So, I have almost solved the smell problem. My parents are in a better mood, they don't really notice it anymore. They said they'd keep an eye out for a new glass tank, and buy one if it's cheap. I've thrown away their toys because they seemed to smell very, very bad, so all they have left is deep bedding, a wheel hut, and a toilet paper tube. I suspect that my parents will keep giving me cardboard things for them to play on Smile Popsicle sticks rock! Anyway, that's not what I came to talk about, sadly.
The youngest mouse, saltine, has finally grown up enough to where I can clearly see nipples. The others I am almost positive that I also see nipples as well, little symmetrical dots on their bellies. But, I have been hearing a lot of squeaking in the cage recently. I saw the black mouse chasing the white mouse, trying to get on her back! At first, I thought, Oh no I have mis-gendered the black one and I'm gonna have baby mice! But then I noticed something fishy. The BROWN mouse then tried to mount the black one. And then the little one tried to mount the brown one. It's so mixed up, what's going on? I examined the white female's genitals and they seem to be a little pinker than the rest. If the white mouse is in heat, would the other females try to mount her to teach her or to show dominance? It's happening quite a lot, and it's been a few days. They've never done this before.

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Worried

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dominance or Trouble?

Post by CallaLily on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 8:55 am

If you see nipples, they are female and it's a dominance thing. I know it can get pretty intense sometimes but it is normal. Nothing to worry about unless it escalates into fighting with blood drawn.

Gerbils: Oghren, Emrys, & Merin
+6 babies!
Hamster: Daydream
CallaLily

Aquarius Shocked

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Andorrici on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 8:56 am

No blood has been drawn, but where should I be looking for blood? Would the blood be obvious? And is ruffled fur okay? Also If it does start getting into blood and intense fighting, what do I do then?

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Worried

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 9:28 am

Ruffled fur is ok. If there's blood drawn, you have to separate the girl that started it. Usually you'll see the blood near their back end, on their tail or on the sides of their back legs.

~Alex, Verity, Tulip & Finnegan~
~Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andorrici on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 10:30 am

abeona wrote:Ruffled fur is ok. If there's blood drawn, you have to separate the girl that started it. Usually you'll see the blood near their back end, on their tail or on the sides of their back legs.

Okay.. I checked them. They are all huddled together and there is no blood. Should a girl mouse have a litte sort of bump on her genitals?

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Worried

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 10:51 am

@Andorrici wrote:
abeona wrote:Ruffled fur is ok. If there's blood drawn, you have to separate the girl that started it. Usually you'll see the blood near their back end, on their tail or on the sides of their back legs.

Okay.. I checked them. They are all huddled together and there is no blood. Should a girl mouse have a litte sort of bump on her genitals?
Yes. They should have a bump directly above the vagina where the urethra is (the hole pee comes out of).

Also, have your parents check out a thrift store for a cage. I work at a Savers and we constantly have aquariums out for sale. Just be sure that if you get one there you clean it very thoroughly before you use it.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

View user profile http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum