Scout's behavior

Go down

Scout's behavior

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 12:25 pm

Well, Scout is turning out to be a funny little guy. He doesn't tail rattle anymore, but he doesn't run and hide like a normal mouse. When I put my hand in the cage, he'll walk up to it, squeak, then go into a hide. He'll then continue squeaking at it while poking his head out of the hide. Basically what I've been doing is getting him into something like a box or a TP roll and letting him crawl out of it onto my hand.

He has gotten so used to me he climbs all over my arms and even down my back lol. So I'll let him do that for a few minutes, then put him in the play bin. When it's time for him to go home and get some water, I'll put my hand in the bin. Then he comes up to my hand, and I feel his teeth touch my hand, but he's not biting at all, it doesn't hurt, he just gently grips his teeth on my hand. Is he telling me he doesn't want to go home yet? lol.  Giggling

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Scout's behavior

Post by goldfishfanforever on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 8:46 pm

@AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:Well, Scout is turning out to be a funny little guy. He doesn't tail rattle anymore, but he doesn't run and hide like a normal mouse. When I put my hand in the cage, he'll walk up to it, squeak, then go into a hide. He'll then continue squeaking at it while poking his head out of the hide. Basically what I've been doing is getting him into something like a box or a TP roll and letting him crawl out of it onto my hand.

He has gotten so used to me he climbs all over my arms and even down my back lol. So I'll let him do that for a few minutes, then put him in the play bin. When it's time for him to go home and get some water, I'll put my hand in the bin. Then he comes up to my hand, and I feel his teeth touch my hand, but he's not biting at all, it doesn't hurt, he just gently grips his teeth on my hand. Is he telling me he doesn't want to go home yet? lol.  Giggling
That sounds cute my little Hugo has turned from nipping to me just feeling teeth on my hand but he is also starting to come up to me and climbing on my arms etc Very Happy
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Sat 29 Oct 2016, 10:36 am

Strange - it just sounds like curiosity/hesitancy. My Graham is friendly with legs, arms, shoulders, anything, but due to the mishandling earlier in life, she's hesitant around hands. This could be the case with Scout.

Remembering Maier & Garcia
River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum