Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone awake to help PLEASE?

Go down

Anyone awake to help PLEASE? Empty Anyone awake to help PLEASE?

Post by Wienermom on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 3:32 am

I found 5 "pinkies" scattered behind my couch. No nest or mom around. One of our cats chased a little gray mouse under there a day or two ago and we believe she must have been pregnant, hung out thinking it was safe, and had them there. I just happened to find one that had made its way to the end of the couch and I thought it was just a ball of pink fuzz. Well, the feeling of its skin and the little "squeak" it gave me made me realize I was wrong. Moved the couch and found four more, three other close together, and one more a little further away.
I know NOTHING about mice and researching what to do tonight has left me heartbroken and exasperated.
I am disabled and have a Dachshund and two cats. They keep me busy! Plus I am not able to stay up all night tonight to feed them every two hours. And on top of that I live in a town in Ok that shuts down at 10pm and the closest place to get Pedialyte is 30 minutes away! And I have NO idea where I would find KMR!!
I love animals and I don't want the little guys to suffer all night as they freeze and die of hunger and dehydration!

Wienermom

Back to top Go down

Anyone awake to help PLEASE? Empty Re: Anyone awake to help PLEASE?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 3:43 am

Did your cat kill the grey mouse you saw, or is it still alive as far as you know? The mother could be out looking for food, but if she doesn't come back, something probably happened to her. I'm not sure of anything else you could use to substitute the kitten milk, I'm not experienced with wild mice, and unfortunately it looks like I am the only one online at the moment. If you are in the US and have a Wal-Mart near you, I believe they are open 24/7.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wienermom on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 4:04 am

No she didn't kill the Mom, if that's the same one. (We've had 2 around in the last couple of weeks. She's never killed one so far!) And she hasn't been prowling the couch anymore so I don't think that Mom is anywhere around now.
The closest WalMart is 30 minutes away. Yeah, I was afraid no one be awake! But thank you for answering and for trying to help with this!!

Wienermom

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 4:10 am

I'm afraid if the mom isn't coming back, the only option is hand raising with kitten milk until they are old enough to eat solids. If you have a wildlife rescue near you that would accept them, you can just hand feed the babies kitten milk until the rescue is open and you can take the babies in. If you can't get kitten milk at all and the mom won't come back, I am honestly not sure what else to do.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wienermom on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 4:15 am

Unfortunately, Ok doesnt have a wildlife rescue. The closest is several hours away in Tx. And I can't give them 24 hr care. I am just sick about this! By the pictures of these babe they are probably no more than 1day old, IF that old!

Wienermom

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 6:04 am

I'm sorry you are in this situation. Not everyone is able to provide around the clock care, we understand that. Baby mice are such fragile little things. Even if you gave them around the clock care and did everything right.... it is still very likely that they wouldn't survive without their momma. I wish I knew what to tell you... It sounds like you already read everything about babies. Even if you got KMR, there is not point in feeding them unless you can do it every 2 hours. It would just prolong the inevitable.

And without food, they are going to die. Here's what you can do for them, keep them warm and hold them. You might not be able to feed them but you can care for them. It's a terrible situation to be in, but unfortunately that mouse picked a horrible place to have babies. Nature is cruel.

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Wienermom on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 2:52 pm

Thanks for your advice this morning scaredymouse! I put them in a washcloth to keep them warm and in a box last night. Put it back under the couch to see if Mom came back when it was all quiet. All 5 still there, but unfortunately lost one. The other four are easily excited,. And two are little Houdini mice already and can't even walk yet! They had gotten out of the cloth AND the box, so I had to go fishing under the couch for them!

Wienermom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum