New Cage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Cage

Post by MouseLover on Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:58 pm

I keep forgetting to upload pictures of the new cage, and share some general info about it! Better late than never...

Cage Info:

The cage is the Fun Area Leon (which is available in the UK and Europe from Zooplus). I chose this cage because of it's teeny tiny bar spacing (about 6mm or 1/4 inch) and it's generous height - as we all know mice love to climb. According to the cage calculator it's big enough for 5.9 mice, and I am currently housing 5 girls in it. The cage comes with extra wooden floors and accessories that allow it to be used as a 3 story cage. Wood and mouse-pee is an awful combination, so these would need to be waterproofed before using (e.g. plastikote). I haven't gotten around to doing this yet, so for that reason I am not using the shelves (but may do in the future). Currently I am just using some plastic shelves and other mouse toys to make the most of the height.

Pictures!

The current cage layout. There are 3 small doors on the front of the cage.

And a big door on the top, which makes spot cleaning the big grey shelf easier. We have two wheels up here and a puzzle playground.

An egg box with treats inside. A bolt on food bowl. And a popsicle stick swing (demonstrated by Violet's butt).

The pink tissue box on the back right is where they nest. A loofah flower chew and a home made chew toy hanging on the front. There's a water bottle up here, but it's obscured.

A big bendy bridge toy acts as a staircase for the older/less adventurous ladies. The crazy girls just climb down the bars. We have a purple lava ledge on the left, some fleece ropes to climb (very popular) and a bird toy in the back right. The yellow corner shelf has a wicker hide on it. There is a kitchen roll tube zip tied to the back bars, which the mice often use as a path up/down. We have a regular wheel and flying saucer wheel here too.

More of the ground floor. A cute rainbow bridge. A wooden puzzle toy thing. A lovely hobbity house. And a big shreddable cardboard tube (front right).

There's a food bowl down here too, demonstrated by Merry. There was also a waterbottle down here, but it stopped working and needs to be replaced, booo.

All in all I like this cage and think it's a great cage for mice. Hope you liked the pictures Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Cage

Post by MesaMouse on Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:12 pm

WOW Shocked ! Once again amazed at the intelligently designed but also beautiful cages available in the UK. That Fun Area Leon is aptly named -- just look at all the neat things your mice have to entertain themselves! So much room... Drool . I certainly hope that your girls appreciate the wonderful home they have.

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:25 pm

Ooh, I was waiting to see your cage. That thing is too cool...there are four wheels in there and you still have tons of space!!! Thud Jealous Sign
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:27 pm

Wow Cool Sign Jealous Sign

Amazing! SO. MUCH. SPACE.

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:04 pm

I want that thing so badly! How much did you pay for the cage itself in U.S. $? Sure shipping would be horrendous, though.

Last edited by EverythingAnimal on Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:16 am

Very nice!

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:49 am

So nice!!!!!! Heart Eyes

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:48 am

Thanks everyone Smile the girls seem pretty happy in there.

@EverythingAnimal wrote:I wan that thing so badly! How much did you pay for the cage itself in U.S. $? Sure shipping would be horrendous, though.

I don't think zooplus ships outside of europe sadly Sad

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:16 am

Ooooooh! Now that is CHOICE.

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:44 pm

It's so beautiful. Like, it's heartbreakingly beautiful. XD

(I'm currently donating 25% of proceeds to my local low-cost spay/neuter clinic!)
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

View user profile http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top