How's the weather?

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How's the weather?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:22 pm

The past month it's been 50-70 degrees. Wait... 60 degrees feels like summer to you? Lol.

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:24 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:The past month it's been 50-70 degrees.  Wait... 60 degrees feels like summer to you? Lol.
Laughing Compared to the -10 (-22 without wind chill) a few weeks ago it sure does! (I found out that schools don't close intill -30) It's been staying around 30-35 since the start of the season. I'm going to regret saying that though when it's actually summer and we break 100.
I just realized, if it's cold, and the electricity goes out, I need to figure out a better way to keep the pets warm. It went out a few years ago before the mice and I set up a spider web of extension cords from the generator to the upstairs aquariums for the heaters. Perhaps I can just do the same with a heating pad on low for the mice.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Oh, ok lol. Yeah, it always breaks 100 degrees in the summer here too Razz That's why I was thinking "What? 60 degrees is nice weather!". Wow, that is really cold weather!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:13 pm

It's been cold and rainy for three days, and it hasn't even been interesting thunderstorm rain. I'm going crazy being stuck in the house, and my grass is going to be impossible to mow. Bad Day
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:34 pm

Ah, heating up for me, it's 80 degrees out today, supposed to be 90 Tuesday. Not looking forward to 100+ weather, any tips to keep 10 mice and a hamster cool? Laughing I have ceramic toys and tiles too. How cold is it Peachy?

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:23 pm

Are your pets in an air conditioned room? I'm not the AC's biggest fan normally, but it keeps the house cool enough to keep the mice cool. If the nest gets too warm they just sleep outside, but chilled toys and tiles will be nice too. Frozen peas were a hit too. Smile

It's in the 40's here. Funny to think that a few weeks ago that would have been warm, but after a few sunny mid-high 60-70° days, 40° and raining is a bummer. Laughing
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:28 pm

The last few days were hot here.  I was miserable. Hot  But today has been cooler with the high being 79F and much nicer in the house (82F right now). Yesterday was 91F I think, so without the a/c on it was pretty uncomfortable in the house.  I have a few of those marble tiles and I've been keeping them in the refrigerator so I can rotate them as needed, so the mice and ham had a cool place to lay if wanted. I also did a refrigerated mug for the ham.  I didn't bother today though - wasn't needed, but it was definitely necessary these past few.  Most of this week is supposed to be even cooler, thank goodness.

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:55 pm

Currently about 63 degrees and clear here in Flagstaff AZ.

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:05 pm

Thanks for the tips! They are in the back of the house, unfortunately, and the AC is in the front of the house. It is expensive to run, but we can't live without the AC in the summertime lol. Even with the AC running though, it doesn't cool the back of the house well. I didn't think of refrigerating/freezing tiles and ceramics, I will do that, thank you! I also have those yogurt drops I made, they have to stay frozen or they melt, so they will enjoy a few of those in the summer (But not too much!). My dad has frozen vegetables for his reptiles... Maybe I should check if they are safe veggies and possibly give some to the mice. The poor bunny outside though, I will have to freeze a lot of water bottles for him. I was hoping he'd get adopted before summer so I wouldn't have to deal with him getting too hot Sad . At least he's in the shade, so it shouldn't be awful. I wouldn't want any of my pets getting a heat stroke, I know it's scary. Wow Peachy, the 40's? That's actually nice, I prefer mild cold weather over hot. I like rain. Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:10 pm

Yesterday was at 98f in Tampa, Florida. We can expect mid 90s for the next few days. Yikes.

One of our rabbits had a heat stroke a few days ago when the AC broke in high 90s weather -- horrible! He's doing good now, even got some new medication for his feet that day. Ugh, though. So scary. He's getting along with my small dog now and they've been sharing a bed in our abnormally cold garage all day. Love

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:17 pm

I'm glad your rabbit is ok! I nearly had a heat stroke once myself - So I know they are scary. It's scary for both the animal and the owner, I bet!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:37 pm

We're scheduled for our first 100+ days this Thursday and Friday. The Mesa/Phoenix area has gotten to the high 90s already but that first 100+ day is always a shocker -- even after almost 32 years living out here, I still dread summer but delay turning on the AC as long as possible! I have a couple of tiles in the fridge for Imogene but, since she's in that enormous IRIS bin with deep substrate, she can find plenty of spots to bury and stay cool. I like the idea of a chilled ceramic mug, CallaLily, so I think I'll put one of my large one in the fridge to prep for Imo.

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:43 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:I'm glad your rabbit is ok! I nearly had a heat stroke once myself - So I know they are scary. It's scary for both the animal and the owner, I bet!

Thanks! It was so scary -- I worried the car would be too hot to transport him in, but luckily I always have frozen bottles on hand, so he made it through good regardless. He had me on a chase around the house today to get his medicine on, so you could say he's recovered well. Wink

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:07 pm

So scary, glad your bun is ok @River!

Can you put ice in the bunny's water, @AnonymousMouseOwner?  I do this for my dogs on hot days before we turn on the a/c. They love it.  Maybe see if you can find a larger ceramic or marble tile for him to lay on too. Some places may have cheaper pieces due to chips/imperfections. Even if you don't refrigerate it, it'll feel cooler.  I also prefer mildly cold over hot weather.  I'm so glad this week is going to be cooler, especially with my husband not wanting me to turn on the a/c just yet!

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:38 pm

CallaLily wrote:So scary, glad your bun is ok @River!

Can you put ice in the bunny's water, @AnonymousMouseOwner?  I do this for my dogs on hot days before we turn on the a/c. They love it.  Maybe see if you can find a larger ceramic or marble tile for him to lay on too. Some places may have cheaper pieces due to chips/imperfections.  Even if you don't refrigerate it, it'll feel cooler.  I also prefer mildly cold over hot weather.  I'm so glad this week is going to be cooler, especially with my husband not wanting me to turn on the a/c just yet!
That's a great idea, I will do that. I just have to find tiny ice, since he has a water bottle (I can't fit a dish in the hutch well). I'll figure something out. I will find a tile too. I don't know of anywhere close to me that sells tiles but maybe the hardware store has some. Smile Thanks!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top