Meet Miss Pussens + Bonus Pics of Imogene

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meet Miss Pussens + Bonus Pics of Imogene

Post by MesaMouse on Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:22 pm

Long story short, the 8 year old orange cat I'd hoped for at Animal Control didn't work out (dental issues) but the 10 year old tortie in the next kennel turned out to be ideal! The poor lady had been there for 35 days, surrendered by her owner (!!!), but was still happy to give headbutts through the bars and purr happily when her cheeks and ears were scratched. According to the kennel notes, her name was "Tiger" but, as she didn't exhibit any response to that name, it was safe to rename her "Miss Pussens", a name she seems to like. And here she is:

Looking very, very thin -- all skin and bones, poor girl

It's hard to get good pictures of Tortoiseshell cats because of their crazy patterns. Miss P looks different on one side than she does on the other! Her feet are also multi-patterned so it's almost like having a paisley cat or some Op Art feline Haha .

She's been eating, drinking and eliminating very well thus far and will be examined by my vet, Dr. Danner, on Tuesday for (I hope) a clean bill of health. She had her shots at Animal Control so now that she's quite content in her new home (she even slept at the foot of the bed, on and off, last night), it's time to fatten her up as petting bones is no fun. Miss Pussens hasn't seen Imogene yet (I've kept the door to Imo's room closed) but is aware something is in there, either by sound or smell.

Bonus Pics of Imogene!

Her "Are you lookin' at me?" face

Always trying to escape, this time by trying to climb the water bottle (something she has now mastered!)

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meet Miss Pussens + Bonus Pics of Imogene

Post by CallaLily on Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:51 pm

Oh Miss Pussens is a very pretty gal. I know you'll have her looking and feeling healthy in no time. I hope her check up goes well. Imogene looks like a very fun and silly ham.

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:47 pm

She's pretty! And she looks more like a Miss Pussens than a Tiger. Razz After I adopted Missy I read somewhere that changing a shelter pets name might be a good thing, especially if they were in a bad home before. Thought it was interesting. lol

Imogene has a nice face. Smile
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:43 pm

I love cat headbutts and purrs Love she sounds very affectionate! Welcome home Miss P Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:45 am

Sweet old girl. She'll be chubby in no time... at least that's what happens to all the cats that come into my house!

Oh Imogene... water bottles are not a toy! Lady hams *love* their water bottles Smile

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top