Snuggle Sack taming session

Go down

Snuggle Sack taming session

Post by CanadianExport on Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:04 pm

I made a snuggle sack yesterday to use with Charlotte when getting her used to being handled. I was hoping it would make her feel safer when being out with me because it allowed her to control her environment and how exposed she was, and it worked! She was much more confident and as you can see from the video was popping in and out of the sack while exploring my lap. I am hoping that I can do the same thing with Li'l Bean as well. I chose to do this while sitting at my desk because she seems to have lost the inclination to jump off of me.

CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snuggle Sack taming session

Post by MesaMouse on Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:54 pm

It's nice to know that such things actually work! Charlotte certainly looks in control of her environment while gaining confidence to explore more. Hope it works for Li'L Bean as well.

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport on Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:04 pm

Finally got Li'l Bean out, she is more shy than I expected considering how confident she is in while in her own environment but she did ok and explored a bit.  

CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:06 pm

Oh my gosh, so sweet. I've read a lot about snuggle sacks for hedgies, it's awesome that mice enjoy them too!! Maybe my Yoshi would appreciate one. He doesn't need tamed, but he sometimes likes to nap during playtime, silly old man. Smile

~Lulie, Pearl, Dulcie, Tulip & Finnegan~
~Alex, Vera, Verity & Atticus~
~Mika and Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport on Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:08 pm

I have seen them used a lot by guinea pig and hamster owners too. I figured I have all this fleece, I might as well try it. I wasn't sure how well it would stay open with mice climbing all over it but I overestimated how much mice actually weigh Laugh
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:43 am

I use old fleece dice bags for the same thing. It's so cute to watch them run in and out!

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Sarah (PEW), and Selina (Broken Black)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW) and Lucy (Brindle)
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

View user profile http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum