Tips with Odour Control

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Tips with Odour Control

Post by scaredymouse on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:49 am

where do you order from? I can take a look at maybe be able to help you select one.

_________________
Lady mice: Winnifred & Sally/Georgie & Harriet Potter, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Clementine
Gentleman mice:  Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Alexander
Natal multimammate mouse (ASF): Agatha
Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther.
avatar
scaredymouse
Moderator
Moderator

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 2450
Likes : 735

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips with Odour Control

Post by Riikchu on Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:16 am

@scaredymouse wrote:where do you order from?  I can take a look at maybe be able to help you select one.

I usually get the food at either Petsmart or Mr. Pets, mostly Petsmart because Mr.Pets has a very small food selection.
Also I live in Vancouver  
Pretty sure this is most of what we have, maybe slightly less http://www.petsmart.ca/paging/page0?PageSize=24&CategoryName=600005&CategoryDomainName=PETNA-36&SearchParameter=%26%40QueryTerm%3D*%26CategoryUUIDLevelX%252FnfoKmUCQmRYAAAFD8RNUeFk3%252F9o4KmUCQYJgAAAFDGz1UeFk3%252FlgQKmUCQiLAAAAFDyjJUeFk3%3Dk54KmUCQYycAAAFDb0NUeFk3%26CategoryUUIDLevelX%3DnfoKmUCQmRYAAAFD8RNUeFk3%26OnlineFlag%3D1

I feel so stupid for feeding them the Vitacraft :/
When I was searching information on mice it said that Vitacraft was the best choice in all the videos and forums I watched so I guess I crapped up, I'm glad I found this forum c:
avatar
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Join date : 2016-11-20
Posts : 41
Likes : 1

Sagittarius Artistic

View user profile http://geni-the-genie.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips with Odour Control

Post by Artistwolf on Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:54 am

Don't worry, that's an easy fix! We can't all know right from the start all the right thing to do Smile Thats what we're here for! I don't believe you can decrease crude protein accurately in any way. And I'm not sure about that many veggies in their diet... those things have a lot of water in them and can give mice diarrhea if they eat too much, I believe. Mice in the wild eat mostly seeds and such, I believe.

_________________
Proud owner of two five month old kittens, Salt (grey and white) and Pepper (tuxedo)!
No mice... yet Wink
See my Etsy Shop at www.etsy.com/shop/ArtistwolfDesigns

(I'm currently donating 25% of proceeds to my local low-cost spay/neuter clinic!)
avatar
Artistwolf
Hero Member
Hero Member

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 647
Likes : 103

Aries Busy

View user profile http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips with Odour Control

Post by CallaLily on Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:07 am

I don't think veggies as the main part of their diet is good. Naturally they eat mostly grains, seeds, and insects.

You could mix in a lower protein food, which would effectively lower the overall crude protein but will also change the fat and fiber. How much or how little depends on the ratios.

_________________
currently without meece but always remembering:
Cheeseburger, Bacon, Twix, Hashbrown, Daryl,
Celyn, Rina, Seren, Hazel, Arsinoe, Tilda, & Eulyn
avatar
CallaLily
Hero Member
Hero Member

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 3362
Likes : 923

Aquarius In Love

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips with Odour Control

Post by Riikchu on Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:30 pm

@Artistwolf wrote:Don't worry, that's an easy fix! We can't all know right from the start all the right thing to do Smile Thats what we're here for! I don't believe you can decrease crude protein accurately in any way. And I'm not sure about that many veggies in their diet... those things have a lot of water in them and can give mice diarrhea if they eat too much, I believe. Mice in the wild eat mostly seeds and such, I believe.

Alright, I'll remember that x3
avatar
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Join date : 2016-11-20
Posts : 41
Likes : 1

Sagittarius Artistic

View user profile http://geni-the-genie.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips with Odour Control

Post by scaredymouse on Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:54 am

Here is what I feed my mice:

http://www.petsmart.ca/bird/food/vitakraft-vitasmart-parakeet-food-zid36-3918/cat-36-catid-400005;pgid=8NR08DVviENSRpeSd9tBlQUN000035WoT-WE?_t=pfm%3Dsearch%26SearchTerm%3Dvitasmart+parakeet

I know it sounds crazy to feed them parakeet food, but it's got good nutrition, they like it, you don't have to pick anything out and it had to right amount of crude protein. Brown's tropical carnival hamster/gerbil food is acceptable but I don't like to recommend it anymore due to some quality issues and the fact that so much stuff needs to be picked out before feeding to the mice... its not worth it if you have better options available, which you do!

I do supplement the parakeet food with healthy treats such as dried mealworms(you can find them in the bird section, they can have 3 per day), pecans/walnuts, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, oats, cheerios, and fresh fruits/veggies.

_________________
Lady mice: Winnifred & Sally/Georgie & Harriet Potter, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Clementine
Gentleman mice:  Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Alexander
Natal multimammate mouse (ASF): Agatha
Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther.
avatar
scaredymouse
Moderator
Moderator

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 2450
Likes : 735

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips with Odour Control

Post by Riikchu on Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:57 am

@scaredymouse wrote:Here is what I feed my mice:

http://www.petsmart.ca/bird/food/vitakraft-vitasmart-parakeet-food-zid36-3918/cat-36-catid-400005;pgid=8NR08DVviENSRpeSd9tBlQUN000035WoT-WE?_t=pfm%3Dsearch%26SearchTerm%3Dvitasmart+parakeet

I know it sounds crazy to feed them parakeet food, but it's got good nutrition, they like it, you don't have to pick anything out and it had to right amount of crude protein.  Brown's tropical carnival hamster/gerbil food is acceptable but I don't like to recommend it anymore due to some quality issues and the fact that so much stuff needs to be picked out before feeding to the mice... its not worth it if you have better options available, which you do!

I do supplement the parakeet food with healthy treats such as dried mealworms(you can find them in the bird section, they can have 3 per day), pecans/walnuts, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, oats, cheerios, and fresh fruits/veggies.

Oh thank you!
I'll try and go to petsmart tomorrow and see if they have it ^^
Hopefully they will have some, also the odor is getting better so thanks for the tips Ear wiggle
avatar
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Join date : 2016-11-20
Posts : 41
Likes : 1

Sagittarius Artistic

View user profile http://geni-the-genie.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips with Odour Control

Post by CanadianExport on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:07 am

I am glad the odor is getting better!
avatar
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Join date : 2016-10-08
Posts : 258
Likes : 59

Libra Fine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum