So, this happened

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So, this happened

Post by scaredymouse on Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:12 am

Meet Orange Sherberta (we're still working on a name, lol):

She was hanging out on craigslist.  The owner got her for his dorm to keep him company but she was too noisy at night.  Um, yeah, she's a hamster! That's kind of their thing!  Oh, my favorite part is that the kid thought she was a boy and had named her Jafar.  She was in a little crittertrail with a tiny wheel.  The kid meant well but I'm glad I had room to take this little lady in.  Anyway, when I got home and looked under the hood, it was clear we had a lady on our hands, which is fine.  Anyway, she is a sweet gentle ham who is going to spend her golden years here and enjoy aquarium life.

Bonus: The twins got a ball, yay!!!!

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Splotchy, Sherberta, Eva, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sunshine
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So, this happened

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:35 am

Aww, she's adorable!

I really don't get CritterTrails, I mean, they are the same price as a 40 gallon tank during the Petco sales, but like 5x smaller. Undecided . Wouldn't you want the bigger, better option? But I admit I was drawn to them a few years ago as well, it's the colors, they make it look fun.

Your chinchillas are adorable too! Can they just free range during playtime like rabbits? Sooo cute!

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:13 am

Aww!! You are so bad, Scaredy, because you are too nice Laughing

Anna: He hasn't warmed up, then?
Mary: According to Mr. Napier, he finds me aloof. I'm not aloof, am I?
Anna: (chuckles) Do you want me to answer truthfully, or like a lady's maid?
Mary: Let's move on.
~Downton Abbey, season 4
Artistwolf

Aries Artistic

View user profile http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:27 am

She's so cute! You make me want a Syrian again. Laughing There was a really curious fellow at the pet store when we were thinking about Hamtaro. He was standing in his food dish watching us. I think he was trying to be like "Excuse me, my dish is empty and I'm starving to death!" The store employee swears she had just fed him and he ate it all. Laughing

The Chins are so adorable. Looks like they are really loving their new toy.

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Fine

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:04 am

So this is what, scaredy? Your 13th pet at the moment? Laughing Jafarita anyone? Ore is Orange Sherberta the one to beat? I would keep that name in a heartbeat.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:30 pm

Yeah, were pretty fond of that name. We can just call her Berta or Bert for short. Haha, pfft... 13? Let me count...we're at 18 including cats and chinchillas.

Anonymous: Chinchillas don't have to have free range time, some are too skittish but I give my girls at least a half hour free range a day. They love to run around and bounce all over me Smile They can get into lots of trouble though, they will chew the legs on furniture, chew the baseboards and squeeze into the tightest of spaces are refuse to come out. Naughty! But my girls have their own room and I chinnie-proofed it, so they can run free!

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Splotchy, Sherberta, Eva, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:51 pm

@Artistwolf wrote:Aww!! You are so bad, Scaredy, because you are too nice Laughing

Yes! Couldn't have said it better myself. She's lovely, scaredymouse, and I think the name should stick...Bert or Berta for short. And 18 is a nice, round number Happy !

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:46 am

How is the new lady settling in, scaredymouse? Is she as stinky as Splotchy? I was wondering if Splotchy might not be "funkier" because her system senses that a male ham is nearby and kicks the scent up to lure him. Poor Murray must be frantic now, smelling two ladies and unable to find either one!

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:19 pm

Sherberta is doing great! She's doing weird things to her water bottle. I don't know what it is with females and their water bottles. But other than that, she's great Smile

She doesn't smell like anything at all. Nothing. I'm told she's a year old but I was also told that she was a boy... So, it's possible she's hasn't quite matured as much as Splotchers. I've got get right between Murray and Splotchy, and everyone seems to be happy.

She's still a bit nervous but she's very sweet. And so soft! So much softer than everyone else ❤

scaredymouse

Virgo Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum