Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does He Seem Okay?

Go down

Does He Seem Okay? Empty Does He Seem Okay?

Post by CinnamonPearl on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 11:01 am

So Henry had a weird episode today where he was climbing down the couch and suddenly got really out of breath. He seemed to be breathing somewhat heavily and squinting afterwards, and his stools are a bit loose. He's okay now so I'm not really sure what's up, but here, I got a video. What do you guys think? Worth seeing the vet for?

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Does He Seem Okay? Empty Re: Does He Seem Okay?

Post by AnonONIagent on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 11:05 am

I'd keep eye on him. If he doesn't improve in a day or two, take him to the vet.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 11:06 am

Is that unusual for him? My Holly has done something like that since the day I got her, and I thought it was kinda strange. Not sure.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 11:09 am

If he's always done it, I've never noticed, and I tend to be very observant with my mice. I also noticed that his weight has been on a very gradual downward trend. He's still a normal weight, 34g, but he was 37-38g for a while and has been dropping about one gram every two weeks. Plus, he had another gasping episode but I distracted him out of it.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 3:13 pm

So, this is a possibility. Diarrhea can lead to dehydration, which causes tachycardia (rapid heat rate). And tachycardia most definitely can cause shortness of breath/heavy breathing.

I would suggest giving him some oats and see if you can get him pooping normally and see if his breathing improves.

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 3:24 pm

Okay so the only time the vet could get me in was today, so I went earlier. Good thing because he had a gasping episode. The vet took an X-Ray, and turns out he has bronchitis! He got some doxy, and he should be fine soon.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 3:40 pm

Glad you followed your gut and took him in. I hope he's feeling better soon!

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by hollowfyre on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 4:02 pm

Glad he got meds and should be feeling better! Thank you for posting about it and the video. This sort of thing could really help save the lives of other mice now that others may be able to recognize the symptoms if they see them.

hollowfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 4:06 pm

No prob Rob. XD

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 4:54 pm

Oh, good thing you took him in! I never would have thought for it to be bronchitis!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 6:08 pm

Good you took him in! Strange though, he wasn't making any of the typical respiratory noises...

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 6:45 pm

Oh, wow! Good thing you took him in then!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum