MY 2 BABIES!

Go down

MY 2 BABIES!

Post by SanneSofie on Mon 12 Dec 2016, 2:41 pm

Hey everyone!

My name is Sanne Sofie and I'm from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The way I got "into" mouse is actually quite funny! I work at an Art Gallery and we currently have exhibition called Red Mice District (a play on Red Light District the famous prostitution area here in Amsterdam). For the exhib the artist got 3 female mice from a pet shop for a instalation (a mouse cage where the running mill triggers a red light to go off). Although the mice were taken care of well the day thatthe instalation was running, no one at the gallery really thought about what to do with the mice! That upset me as an animal lover and so I decided to take them home and care for them best as can. I don't know how old the mice where when I got them but they all seemed "adult". I named them Leonard, Bowie and Prince (guess why haha!) I gave them a nice clean house of course plenty fresh food and water everyday. They aren't tame at all but are friendly and curious and healhty. I don't have any pictures of them right now (only on my phone sorry!).

HOWEVER the big surprise was! Bowie was pregnant!! I only found out after the birth because they're squeaking woke me up on the night of their birth! Their mum took great care of them but unfortunatley she became ill, I took her to the vet because I noticed she seemed a little "sad" and tired and although she took great care of her babies at first she wasn't interested in them anymore. The vet told me he couldn't help because he couldn't determine what was wrong and said it will probably be ok (he didn't take me seriously AT ALL). Bowie eventuallly died leaving her 2 babies behind. It was very sad but luckily the babies where about 2 weeks old when it happened so they didn't need their mum as much anymore. I helped them with eating by feeding them kitten milk with a pencil and started weaning them with cripbread soaked in water/kitten milk. They are doing AMAZING. This picture was taken when they were between 14-17 days old I think and they looked like this:

I love them! The beige one I call Princess Peach Fuzz and the grey one is called Ferrari. I am sure Peach Fuzz is a girl but I am not super sure about Ferrari, I think he is a boy! Please help me on this because I did make a sexing topic with pictures in he general health area. Anyway! they are happy and healhty little mice and are very friendly and I have handled them a lot since they were around 8 days old so they aren't afraid of humans. I think they will make great little pet friend! Kiss Kiss Kiss
SanneSofie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MY 2 BABIES!

Post by CallaLily on Mon 12 Dec 2016, 3:41 pm

Welcome! I'm so glad you were able to give those mice a good home. I'm sorry to hear about the mama mouse but happy to hear the others and babies are doing well.

CallaLily

Aquarius No Mood

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Mon 12 Dec 2016, 6:26 pm

Welcome! I'm glad your two babies are doing well. It's too bad about their mother... hopefully it wasn't anything that she was able to pass!
We'd love to meet Leonard and Prince when you have a chance, too. Smile

~Pearl, Tulip & Finnegan~
~Alex, Vera & Verity~
~Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andorrici on Tue 13 Dec 2016, 7:47 am

Oh, these cuties are so cute!
I'm sorry to here about poor Bowie but it looks like those babies have a fighting chance!
I hope they'll have a great life with you.

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Worried

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Tue 13 Dec 2016, 10:29 am

Welcome!

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Tue 13 Dec 2016, 10:12 pm

Welcome. Those are precious little floofs Jump Hearts

So sorry to hear about their momma... but they are very fortunate to have you.

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum