[QUESTION] My mice are 'supposedly' at least 11 days pregnant.

Go down

[QUESTION] My mice are 'supposedly' at least 11 days pregnant.

Post by sparkocm on Fri 30 Dec 2016, 8:37 pm

Hi guys,

Here is a question with a little background.

Background: So I decided to own pet mice (particularly because it's one the few pets allowed in my apartment contract) when I went to the local pet shop they had only 3 mice remaining. 2 females and 1 male, supposedly with the females pregnant. I decided to buy all 3 mice preparing myself to the big amount of babies I was supposed to get soonish, the reason why I bought all three is because I felt bad for the poor little fellas since they have been left alone all 3 for a while and well I didn't want to make them all lonely specially since females like to be social. Anyways that's it for background.

Question: Under the assumption that the mice are indeed pregnant, they should at least be 11 days pregnant (since it's been this long since I got them) now my understanding from the breeding guides on this forum is that mice pregnancy is around 19 to 24 depending on when the conception happened. Now I understand completely about the problems of breeding store bought mice (and believe me I am not planning to breed) but since this mice are supposedly pregnant my question is:

From this picture does any of the mice look the slightest pregnant? The reason being is because I paid some more money since I was 'getting' more mice than I actually got originally for this purchase.

sparkocm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [QUESTION] My mice are 'supposedly' at least 11 days pregnant.

Post by Peachy on Fri 30 Dec 2016, 8:56 pm

They don't look pregnant to me, but I experienced from my most recent mama mouse that that doesn't mean anything. Laughing Watch for baby buldges in different positions, it's most obvious when Mom stretches/stands on her back legs/sits at a food dish. Some mice might not start showing until around day 14, also.

If you think they might be pregnant, you should separate them into their own nursery tanks. If the male hasn't been separated yet, you need to do that and start your baby watch over.
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkocm on Fri 30 Dec 2016, 9:01 pm

Thank you! I will follow accordingly

sparkocm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Fri 30 Dec 2016, 10:32 pm

Definitely separate everyone. You don't wanna have these girls in with the boy, and it's best that they raise their litters separately. Whether they have baby bulges or not, if they've been with a male this entire time, unless by some miracle one of them is infertile, they are definitely pregnant.

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down