Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Cage Calculator
Find out how many mice will fit in your cage or tank.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Selina on the loose!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Selina on the loose!

Post by Unicorn on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:36 pm

Nope, she's just hiding- she's tiny! You saw her and know she's alive and still in the house, so there's hope!!! Bait a live trap and put it close to where you saw her heading. I am waiting breathlessly for news, I hope everything turns out okay! <3
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:53 pm

No, it can't be! Keep trying! At least you know she's still well. If you can find her once, you can find her again!

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:08 pm

I put some water and apple bits out for her in my room. Hopefully that will entice her out of hiding, or even just into my room if she's no longer in it.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Sarah (PEW), and Selina (Broken Black)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW) and Lucy (Brindle)
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

View user profile http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:14 pm

I think live traps are really the way to go in this situation. I have a victor catch and hold I used for wild ones in my crawlspace a while back and it worked fantastically with a small smear of peanut butter or plain yougurt (if your afraid of peanut allergies) on the inside wall. She can smell from a mile away it and it has a bit of moisture.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:16 pm

@EverythingAnimal wrote:I think live traps are really the way to go in this situation. I have a victor catch and hold I used for wild ones in my crawlspace a while back and it worked fantastically with a small smear of peanut butter or plain yougurt (if your afraid of peanut allergies) on the inside wall. She can smell from a mile away it and it has a bit of moisture.
The only problem is that my mom isn't gonna go out and buy me live traps, and I can't afford them as I just dropped $250 on a new CPU for my gaming PC and am thus broke.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:28 pm

@AnonONIagent wrote:
The only problem is that my mom isn't gonna go out and buy me live traps, and I can't afford them as I just dropped $250 on a new CPU for my gaming PC and am thus broke.
This trap is only $5 or less, and they can be found anywhere, I think I got mine at Walmart. They also sell cheaper like $2 live traps "Mouse Cubes" I believe. Try to convince her to get them, they might not work but its worth it to give it a shot to get Selina safe.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by peas on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:08 am

Break up a few plain crackers and put them on plates around your room.

Put the wheel and some bedding and some stuff that already smells like her in the corner of the room on a towel or paper towels.

You'll be able to hear munching if she finds the crackers and she's more likely to investigate a tasty cracker. And if she has an area of your room that has her stuff in it, she's likely to set up shop there.

When you do find her, it may be easiest to put a large plastic bowl or bin over her and then gently slide some cardboard under it. (how i trap spiders or bugs).

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:55 am

I caught her!

As I was getting ready to go to work this morning, I noticed Herman (one of my cats) staring at one of the drawers I pulled out of my room last night. So I pulled it up, and suddenly Herman goes racing into the bathroom down the hall. I chase after him, and find him attacking Selina. So I quickly pushed him away, and with my other hand, I snatched up Selina as she was trying to scamper away.

I gave her a cursory look-over for injuries before I put her back in her cage, but as I was running late for work, I didn't have time to do as thorough a job as I'd like, so I'll do a more complete check once I get back home. But she's home again now, safe and sound with Sally and Sarah.

What a relief!

Last edited by AnonONIagent on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:07 am

I'm so glad you caught her! I hope she's unharmed.

Mouse12
CallaLily

Aquarius Dreaming

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:40 am

WOOHOOOOOO!!! I'm so glad, Anon! I really truly am!

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:21 pm

Bliss

You got her, you got her! Uh, "thanks" to Herman for the "help." Hope she's unhurt, hopefully her sisters will clean her up and snuggle her and she'll feel better.

So glad she's safe!
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Yay! I'm so glad you found her!

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:29 pm

Alright, now that I'm home I gave her a thorough check-over, and she's unhurt. I gave her lots of treats and told her how much I missed her Smile

AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:37 pm

Ah, I'm so so happy/relieved!!! I kept checking, just hoping you'd get her back. Who knew the cat would save the day!

(I'm currently donating 25% of proceeds to my local low-cost spay/neuter clinic!)
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

View user profile http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:46 pm

Thank goodness for your kitty! That was how I found my gerbil a few years ago, but she was only gone for some hours. Glad that you've got Selina back and she's ok. Smile

Lulie, Pearl, Dulcie, Dandy, Alex and Darcy
Dotty, Tulip, Ladybug, Vera and Verity
Mika, Milo, Atticus and Finnegan
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top