Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP!!!

Go down

HELP!!! Empty HELP!!!

Post by Stuart.the.albino.mouse on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 8:28 pm

About a month ago i bought a mouse from petco (i know i shouldnt have since petco just isnt a good place in general) but about once a week he will do this thing as if he were dying (motionless, unresponsive) then about an hour later he wil be perfectly fine as if nothing happened. I dont have any vets near me but it really worries me when he does this
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

HELP!!! Empty Re: HELP!!!

Post by EverythingAnimal on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:26 pm

That's wierd. Are you 100% sure there are no exotic vets near you? Could you post a video of it if he does it again? I've never heard of somthing ike that happening, but it definetly sounds like an issue. Mice are very good at hiding their pain, so perhaps he has a serious issue, but when he can he act's like nothing is wrong even if it hasn't changed? When he's better does he run around and play? Is he eating and drinking?

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart.the.albino.mouse on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:55 pm

There closest vet is about 6 hours
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart.the.albino.mouse on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:58 pm

He'll eat,drink and even play like always. He's not 100% percent tamed hes really skitish but when he does this weird thing he'll let me hold him
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 11:17 pm

To me it sounds like a seizure of some kind. You should definitely take him to a vet either way, though.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 11:24 pm

Maybe ask what vet your Petco uses? They usually have one... how good the vet is at treating mice can be hit or miss, but it would be a worth a try!

Uou could also try searching for a vet at vetective.com. It's an exotic vet search site, so if you put in your location it can list some options.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Wed 11 Jan 2017, 7:33 am

When he's in that state, does he feel cold?  What is the temperature of the room he's in? Can you describe his cage setup? What foods do you feed him?

I have seen it posted several times before about mice that act this way and are cold to the touch, but after a while of holding them (warming them up) and trying to get fluids in them, they seem better. For a time.

Someone recently posted this here: http://petmousefanciers.forumotion.com/t1291-possible-reason-for-sudden-death.Don't know if that helps at all but your post made me think of it.

Something to definitely speak to a vet over though.  Peachy's idea of asking about your local Petco's vet is a better option than not taking him to a vet at all.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum