Blood Around the cage (Fighting or Bloody diarrhea!?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blood Around the cage (Fighting or Bloody diarrhea!?)

Post by Riikchu on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:09 pm

I found some blood on their ladder next to there food bowl, they dont seem injured but I dont know why there would be just blood on there, nowhere else only on the ladder
Did they fight? I still can't pick either of them up so I can't do a full check on either but I managed to look at them and they dont seem to have any blood on them
They are both females (Siblings)
Is this a sickness?? I am very worried

UPDATE: They seem to be both fine, was it just a fight? Where did the blood come from if I cant find any on them???

Last edited by Riikchu on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Sagittarius Artistic

View user profile http://geni-the-genie.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Blood Around the cage (Fighting or Bloody diarrhea!?)

Post by AnonONIagent on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:09 pm

I suggest giving them a second, very thorough look. Funnel them into paper towel/toilet paper rolls to get them into your hands. Even scruff them if you have to.

Keep a very close eye on them. Keep an eye out for fighting and on their bowel movements.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Sarah (PEW), and Selina (Broken Black)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW) and Lucy (Brindle)
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

View user profile http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riikchu on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:17 pm

AnonONIagent wrote:I suggest giving them a second, very thorough look. Funnel them into paper towel/toilet paper rolls to get them into your hands. Even scruff them if you have to.

Keep a very close eye on them. Keep an eye out for fighting and on their bowel movements.

They're both sleeping together right now, I'm going to check on them both right away when they wake up.
I'm very worried because I'm not going to watch them tomorrow because of school and no one from my house is able to stay home
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Sagittarius Artistic

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:54 pm

If it was a fight, the wound just might not be noticeable. My Clover bit Blossom once when I was doing introductions, and I picked her up and she was bleeding in my hand for a few seconds, then it just stopped, and there was no wound or anything, you couldn't even tell she had bit her. So it's possible something like that happened, but I'd just keep a close eye on them.

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Riikchu on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:56 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:If it was a fight, the wound just might not be noticeable. My Clover bit Blossom once when I was doing introductions, and I picked her up and she was bleeding in my hand for a few seconds, then it just stopped, and there was no wound or anything, you couldn't even tell she had bit her. So it's possible something like that happened, but I'd just keep a close eye on them.

Okay, thanks. They seem to be calm and haven't fought at all today but I'm still watching them in any case
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Sagittarius Artistic

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:49 pm

The most common areas that mice bite each other is on the face, back, tail, butt/genital area. So check there first. Let us know if you find anything else concerning.

You're positive it was blood? You didn't give any fresh fruits or veggies that could explain it? I ask because I recently had a scare with my chinchillas... I thought I saw blood but the peed on a single dried hibiscus petal which ended up looking like blood. Mystery solved! So, just thought I would throw that out there.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VgKing on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:45 am

This sounds very strange. Mice are too small for you not to notice any substantial injury. I suggest you place a camera near their cage to see if they fight when you are not around.

VgKing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Riikchu on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:48 pm

scaredymouse wrote:The most common areas that mice bite each other is on the face, back, tail, butt/genital area.  So check there first.  Let us know if you find anything else concerning.

You're positive it was blood?  You didn't give any fresh fruits or veggies that could explain it?  I ask because I recently had a scare with my chinchillas... I thought I saw blood but the peed on a single dried hibiscus petal which ended up looking like blood.  Mystery solved!  So, just thought I would throw that out there.

I think I might have found out, because I found blood in there den as well yesterday.
We had a mite infestation on our hamster, they might have been scratching because the blood was only in specific places.
They both got shots including my hamster and are getting there cage cleaned out.
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Sagittarius Artistic

Back to top Go down

Post by Riikchu on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:49 pm

VgKing wrote:This sounds very strange. Mice are too small for you not to notice any substantial injury. I suggest you place a camera near their cage to see if they fight when you are not around.

I think I might have found out, because I found blood in there den as well yesterday.
We had a mite infestation on our hamster, they might have been scratching because the blood was only in specific places.
They both got shots including my hamster and are getting there cage cleaned out.
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Sagittarius Artistic

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top