Barbering

Go down

Barbering

Post by CallaLily on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:52 am

I guess Celyn is over grooming Rina too.  Rolling Eyes  Time to shake up their routine.  First time dealing with barbering. Boredom is usually the culprit, right?  Celyn only very recently has taken over as alpha, which happened seemingly over night and with very little fuss.

Hazel's spot (which has since regrown, though I'll check again today).

Mouse12
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Re: Barbering

Post by Peachy on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:22 am

Oh no, poor Hazel and Rina. Sad I've never dealt with barbering, but have read that it's usually more dominance or OCD than it is boredom, though boredom and stress can play a part in the displays of dominance/OCD showing up.

Changing routines and treating her like an OCD mouse would be my first try, try to find her a different habit to take up. But if that doesn't work, it's often recommended to separate the barberer until everyone's hair grows back fully. That's supposed to make her miss her friends and break the habit but apparently it can take a few tries, and it doesn't always work. @Brynne has talked a lot about all the "luck" she's had with her barberers. lol

I hope you're able to get her to stop.
Peachy

Scorpio Gloomy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barbering

Post by CallaLily on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:11 pm

Thank you, Peachy! I'll see if I can keep her distracted. Hazel's has already grown back in some, so that's good right? And everyone has their whiskers.

Mouse12
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum