Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modge Podge?

Go down

Modge Podge? Empty Modge Podge?

Post by Kate B on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 9:34 pm

Anyone know if Modge Podge is safe to use on mice stuff?

https://www.amazon.com/Mod-Podge-Waterbase-16-Ounce-CS11202/dp/B00178QQJ8/ref=pd_bxgy_201_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00178QQJ8&pd_rd_r=ER91ZDEQVXQZY6J6QAE5&pd_rd_w=UvBye&pd_rd_wg=NiD3R&psc=1&refRID=ER91ZDEQVXQZY6J6QAE5

I know it's one of the safer glues as far as kids are concerned, but I'm not sure if mice have different criteria. This says it's "certified AP non-toxic and water base," if that means anything. Do you guys know?

Thanks!

Kate B

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Modge Podge? Empty Re: Modge Podge?

Post by CallaLily on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 6:35 am

I don't know for certain but non-toxic, water-based, safe for children....sounds ok to me.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 9:54 am

I would be inclined to think its safe based on non-toxic, water-based, child-safe. The only other thing I tend to also look into is to whether it smells when used and avoid using ones that do. I think that's only for the more speciallist glues though (e.g. the wood glue we use in our house definitely isn't mouse safe!).

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabelle on Sun 16 Apr 2017, 5:22 pm

I was thinking the same as you, should be safe since it says non-toxic and water-based.
If it gives you some peace of mind, I've used it on a couple Popsicle stick houses for my girls and they're holding together and no one's gotten sick from chewing on them.
Mirabelle
Mirabelle
Jr Member
Jr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sun 16 Apr 2017, 10:44 pm

It's pretty much like Elmer's school glue, it looks/smells the same. I have used it before.

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum