Help Ill mouse!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help Ill mouse!!!

Post by Cal on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Hey guys
I have this mouse called Little Lenny (girl!). Today i noticed she is tilting her head to the left. She will be 1 on 16th March. She is struggling to walk and is making lots of distress noises Crying or Very sad . She lives with her 2 sister who both seem fine. Please help could it be a stroke? or a ear infection?

btw please see picture attacted

UPDATE: https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t1457-lenny-gizmo this is a different mouse named after Lenny so advice is useful

Last edited by Cal on Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : confusion)
Cal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Ill mouse!!!

Post by scaredymouse on Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:47 pm

I saw in your other post that she passed away today. I'm so sorry. There isn't anything you could have done for her. It must have been a stroke and it's not likely that she was in any pain. I'm sorry for your loss.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cal on Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:26 pm

Hey scaredymouse. Just thought i would let you know little lenny(still alive) was named after the mouse which passed away today(Lenny) because she looked alike. I got little lenny 1 year after i got Lenny and any advice for little lenny would still be useful.
thanks and yes i know it can be confusing
cal
Cal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:42 pm

Ah, very confusing indeed. So if this mouse is only 1 and is doing well otherwise, eating/drinking etc... than I would be inclined to think ear infection. That would require a vet visit and antibiotics. Sooner rather than later. Left untreated, ear infection can cause lasting damage.

Strokes are not uncommon in mice but usually occur later in life. There isn't anything that can be done other than supportive care/keeping the mouse comfortable and if necessary, putting them to sleep. The good news about strokes is that sometimes the mouse makes a decent recovery over the course of a week. The bad news is that they are more susceptible to future strokes.

So, I would definitely recommend a vet visit. Antibiotics can't hurt and they have the potential to fix your little mouse.

Sorry about big Lenny. It never gets easier. Good luck with little Lenny Smile

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cal on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:26 am

thanks scaredymouse i will take her to the vet
Cal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:49 am

Scaredy covered it all, I just wanted to add that in my experience with a mouse ear infection - even with immediately taking her in for veterinary care - she was still left with lasting damage (permanent head tilt). So I imagine it also depends on the severity. She still lived a very good life after that though, until almost 2 years.

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cal on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:20 am

CallaLily - thanks for sharing your experience and i will take that into consideration.
Cal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:41 am

No problem. I just didn't want you to worry too much if Little Lenny's head tilt didn't completely go away. Smile

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top