Heya!

Go down

Heya!

Post by sweetlings on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:29 am

Hi there! Just found this forum while lurking around the internet for tips on being the best mouse-mama I can be - so excited by so much great info in one place! I have three new girls, each just turned 8 weeks and I brought them home 3 weeks ago. My girls are Scully (The ginger), McNeil (The yellow and white) and Margot (The black and white). Glad to meet everybody!

Last edited by sweetlings on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed broken link)
sweetlings
Jr Member
Jr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heya!

Post by CallaLily on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:39 am

Welcome Sign

Your mice are cuties!

CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:11 am

Welcome! Your girls are beautiful, and I love their names. Smile

Note to everyone posting pictures of yellow mice:
Jealous Sign

~Lulie, Pearl, Dulcie, Dandy, Tulip & Finnegan~
~Alex, Darcy, Vera, Verity & Atticus~
~Mika and Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetlings on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes! The girls certainly agree that they are quite beautiful Wink

Are yellow mice hard to come by where you're from Peachy? I'm from Australia and they seem relatively common here - It was much harder to find a black and white like Margot!
sweetlings
Jr Member
Jr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Adorable!!!!!!

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:56 pm

@sweetlings wrote:Thanks for the warm welcomes! The girls certainly agree that they are quite beautiful Wink

Are yellow mice hard to come by where you're from Peachy? I'm from Australia and they seem relatively common here - It was much harder to find a black and white like Margot!
I'm not sure what's up with the yellow mice. I suspect a small, local store might have yellow mice, but it's been years since I've seen one in a big chain store or up for adoption. Pardon Maybe I'll suck it up and go check out the little store tomorrow.

A few months ago I thought I found one, but then this happened:
https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t939p15-the-reason-i-stay-out-of-pet-stores-lol#11427
We've got a lot of brindles around here! She's so incredibly huge at the moment that even if she hadn't gotten brindle patches it would be really obvious. Laughing

~Mika and Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetlings on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:52 pm

My babies were from a small local, so its definitely worth a try!

Wooooow! I've never seen a full brindle in person before, they're actually really really hard to find. There was actually one in the litter I got my girls from with only the tiniest brindle stripe and I thought it was so bizarre (first time seeing it) that I picked that one first, but it turned out to be a little boy.

So I'm pretty jealous of your mouse's colouring too!
sweetlings
Jr Member
Jr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:24 pm

It's terrible how the most interesting ones are often boys! lol And grass is always greener, yada yada... Giggling

The small shop actually keeps all their animals pretty badly. Since the tanks are mixed sex and I definitely don't need more babies yet, I can't chance a girl... but it might be nice to rescue a boy.

If there was a brindle in your girls' litter, they might actually be undermarked brindles. I had a boy that had minimal brindle markings as a baby, and shortly after he was weaned they went away! lol He looked like a perfect yellow mouse. Unfortunately I rehomed him while I was pregnant, so didn't get to enjoy his yellowness.

~Mika and Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum