had a really bad scare this morning!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

had a really bad scare this morning!

Post by scaredymouse on Thu May 05, 2016 4:07 pm

I left some treats out for Boopers (robo hammie) last night and I saw that they were still there this morning, which is unusual.  So I went looking for her and couldn't find her.  It's a big tank, there is lots of bedding and she's really tiny.  I heard faint scratching and found her smooshed/stuck between some wood and the glass!  I don't know how long she had been there, too long though.... she was panicky, sweaty, dehydrated, starving, and has urine all over her little white bottom.  I don't know how she got stuck there but I took all the wood out and will be reevaluating their set up.

She looks really rough, but I think she's going to be okay.  She's eating, drinking, peeing, and she even took a run on the wheel.  And she was really happy to see me and I got a lot of cuddles.  Poor thing.  I may have 14 animals but I always take attendance at least twice a day.  If I didn't check on her this morning, she would have no doubt died.  And in a really horrible way.  My poor, sweet Boopers.

You gotta watch out for these hamsters!  I can't imagine a mouse getting stuck like that!  Anyway, thank god.  Let this be a cautionary tale to everyone.  Go do a safety check on your tanks.  Make sure there isn't anything that could hurt anyone (rope, metal, fabric, sharp wood, tight spaces).  We are all still shaken up, very grateful, and still keeping our fingers crossed that she continues to improve... it was very traumatic for her and no doubt stressful on her little body.

My Boopers. She's just a little face with feet...my tiny little cotton ball. Ack, I feel so bad! Heart

scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: had a really bad scare this morning!

Post by Peachy on Thu May 05, 2016 5:26 pm

Eek! Poor Boopers, how scary!! I'm glad she's okay.

Edit: A little face with feet is such a funny way to describe her. Happy

Last edited by abeona on Thu May 05, 2016 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Thu May 05, 2016 5:38 pm

How scary! Glad you found her and that she's ok.

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Thu May 05, 2016 5:44 pm

Yikes! Poor little thing!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Fri May 06, 2016 10:52 pm

I'm happy to report that Boopers is doing well today. She still looks a little rough, but I think we're in the clear. She was super grouchy when I checked on her this morning, so she's definitely back to her old self. When she is busy hamstering, she just can't be bothered. I love their personalities. She's a sweet hamster, but sometimes she's busy and she makes it clear that she is *not* accepting visitors. Goofball.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna's Animals on Tue May 10, 2016 4:49 pm

scaredymouse wrote:I'm happy to report that Boopers is doing well today.  She still looks a little rough, but I think we're in the clear.  She was super grouchy when I checked on her this morning, so she's definitely back to her old self.  When she is busy hamstering, she just can't be bothered.  I love their personalities.  She's a sweet hamster, but sometimes she's busy and she makes it clear that she is *not* accepting visitors.  Goofball.

I totally know what you mean! I have four winter white hybrids and they're so sweet, except when they are "busy hamstering" Laughing

I'm glad to hear that she is starting to do better! Sending prayers your way <3
Anna's Animals

View user profile http://YouTube.com/AnnasAnimalsPetCare

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Tue May 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Boy, that is scary! I'm glad Boopers is a-okay though.

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top