critter artwork

View previous topic View next topic Go down

critter artwork

Post by scaredymouse on Fri May 06, 2016 11:00 pm

So this is what I was doing last night Bouncy

This is what Splotchy made.  It's called "The things I do for my mother"

And I was really hoping that the mousie art would be as awesome as the hamster art... but the mice just don't weight enough to get good footprints.  I might try a different kind of paper some other time....  Anyway, this is from Furgie & Gilly and it's called "If we have to"

I also found this when I cleaned the tank today.  Look at all the hearts they collected and put in their nest Love Love Love

scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: critter artwork

Post by Peachy on Sat May 07, 2016 1:22 am

What a neat idea, even if the mouse one didn't turn out perfect. :mona:
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sat May 07, 2016 2:30 am

If my ladies weren't so old and perhaps a little more enthusiastic to participate, like Splotchy, I would have maybe spent more time making it more of a tail painting. We could have called it "there's a paintbrush on my butt"

Anyway, it didn't turn out too bad for a first try. It makes a nice keepsake and a fun memory.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Sat May 07, 2016 6:01 pm

I love it Smile also, the fact that the mice aren't heavy enough to make decent footprints is just adorable lol.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa on Tue May 10, 2016 1:37 pm

I love this idea!
What do you use as 'paint' that is safe for mice/hamsters?

stephlisa
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

View user profile http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Tue May 10, 2016 3:49 pm

food coloring from the grocery store. they have so many different kinds, just make sure there isn't any sugar in it. actually, I just bought a bunch of easter egg dye on sale after easter, same thing, and used that. it makes a big mess, but it's gone by the next day.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa on Wed May 11, 2016 11:00 am

That's amazing Very Happy Thanks!
I must try this!

stephlisa
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

View user profile http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Wed May 11, 2016 1:39 pm

Easter egg dyes are often really pretty colours too. Really cool idea Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Wed May 11, 2016 1:43 pm

so, the way do it is to make a little ink pad, basically. mix up some food coloring with just a little water, then lay a piece of felt in a shallow plate and saturate it with the diluted food coloring. it will be a soggy ink pad. make sure the water is a nice temperature.

you are asking your mice to get their toes a little wet.... since this is a public forum, I have to say to anyone reading this, don't make your mice do this if they don't want to! also, only the bottom of their feet should be coming into contact with the damp felt. It might get a little messy and that's okay. DO NOT try to wash/clean your mouse. Mice can't regulate their temperature, so if they get wet, they can get hypothermic, sick, and/or die. So, whatever food coloring they get on themselves, they will clean it up themselves.

my mice are really tame and they walked through ink a few times and then they didn't want to do it anymore. of course, make sure they get lots of treats. Have fun. if I learn anything, I'll pass it along. our first mousie painting didn't come out that well... so I might try different paper next time. last time, I used fancy watercolor paper. maybe next time, i'll also try less water mixed with the food color.

scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Wed May 11, 2016 4:46 pm

I found this handy color chart for food coloring.  It tells you how many drops of which color(s) you need to get the color you want.

hopefully it's readable when you zoom in

scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top