Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

A little bug photobombed my picture!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A little bug photobombed my picture!

Post by scaredymouse on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:44 am

Despite all the warnings, Ivermectin is a very safe drug. She will be fine with 2 drops. FYI, when purchased on Amazon, there is no ID required... no locked glass case... it's not dangerous when used correctly. And the grooming is fine, too. She's still getting the medication, some topically and some orally. Ivermectin is safe orally, too.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bug photobombed my picture!

Post by CallaLily on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:29 am

@scaredymouse wrote: Ivermectin is safe orally, too.

Yes. When I said not to let the vet dose oral ivermectin, I meant the paste (just going by TFM's article on that - I don't have any personal experience with it).  Grooming the topical ivermectin happens and is perfectly safe. Smile

Some vets will try to prescribe oral ivermectin, but it is risky because there is no way to properly dose it for a mouse. Do not allow your mice to be treated with oral paste! The topical ivermectin is completely safe and more effective than oral ivermectin.

And more on the safety of ingesting the topical ivermectin:

This treatment has been used in female colonies that love to groom each other. No ill side effects were seen from them ingesting the spray on the backs of other mice. In addition, labs use this on pinkies with no ill side effects. It is safe for all ages of mice.

Mouse12
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top