A little bug photobombed my picture!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: A little bug photobombed my picture!

Post by scaredymouse on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 12:44 am

Despite all the warnings, Ivermectin is a very safe drug. She will be fine with 2 drops. FYI, when purchased on Amazon, there is no ID required... no locked glass case... it's not dangerous when used correctly. And the grooming is fine, too. She's still getting the medication, some topically and some orally. Ivermectin is safe orally, too.

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A little bug photobombed my picture!

Post by CallaLily on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 8:29 am

@scaredymouse wrote: Ivermectin is safe orally, too.

Yes. When I said not to let the vet dose oral ivermectin, I meant the paste (just going by TFM's article on that - I don't have any personal experience with it).  Grooming the topical ivermectin happens and is perfectly safe. Smile

Some vets will try to prescribe oral ivermectin, but it is risky because there is no way to properly dose it for a mouse. Do not allow your mice to be treated with oral paste! The topical ivermectin is completely safe and more effective than oral ivermectin.

And more on the safety of ingesting the topical ivermectin:

This treatment has been used in female colonies that love to groom each other. No ill side effects were seen from them ingesting the spray on the backs of other mice. In addition, labs use this on pinkies with no ill side effects. It is safe for all ages of mice.

Gerbils: Oghren & Merin / Jeffrey, Geoffrey, & Jeffri /
Hamlet & Horatio / Emrys, Cream, & Hershey / 
Bill & Frances   Hearts  Hamster: Daydream
CallaLily

Aquarius Spooky

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2